See all jobs in Albany NY
Job Location: Albany, NY
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION: Our firm began in 1971 with one goal in mind: to provide excellence in service and professional expertise to our clients. Now, well into our fifth decade, Teal Becker & Chiaramonte, CPAs, P.C. is still delivering on that promise.
Through the years this focus was core to growth as we added staff and services, expanded to our current location, and garnered recognition and awards. It enabled us to attract and retain the finest CPAs and financial professionals in the market and has driven our firm's growth in size, experience and stature. Our focus on excellence has continued for all our clients, from individuals and firms with few employees and modest revenue, to corporations with revenues in the hundreds of millions.
EOE STATEMENT: We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Managers oversee engagements and direct staff efforts within the firm to assist our clients, management, owners and/or others charged with governance of privately held businesses, not for profit organizations, governmental entities, employee benefit plans and individuals. The manager provides accounting, auditing, tax and/or other consulting services to clients within established firm and accounting guidelines.
(Essential duties are defined as critical to carrying out the function of the job, and, if eliminated, would alter the nature of the job. List, in order of importance, the essential function of the job and the approximate percentage of time spent on each of the activities; describe what must be accomplished; include supervision or management responsibilities, quality and quantity standards, physical and mental perceptual functions of the job.)
Manager will perform all duties described in the staff, senior and supervisor accountant job description. In general, approximately 70% - 75% of your time will be associated with these assigned tasks to include but are not limited to:
- Perform and/or oversee and review planning and fieldwork procedures in accounting and auditing engagements (including client inquiry, analytics and testing). Typically multiple engagements simultaneously.
- Perform and/or oversee and review the preparation of financial statements. Typically multiple engagements simultaneously.
- Perform and/or oversee and review the tax planning and/or preparation of federal and state income tax returns for corporate, individual, partnership, fiduciary, trusts, estates and non-profits. Typically multiple returns simultaneously.
- Perform and/or oversee and review any other governmental filing as necessary.
- Identify areas of concern or new areas that would require research of accounting and/or tax standards and applicable legislation. Perform the necessary research or delegate as appropriate.
- Continue to enhance communication skills with internal teams and management. Delegate and supervise and review work of others at all levels.
- May serve as primary contact with a client.
- Perform engagement evaluations of staff, senior accountants, supervisors and interns on assigned engagements in a timely manner.
The remaining 25% - 30% of your time will likely be devoted to the following:
- Participate in firm directed CPE and on the job training. May develop and perform trainings.
- Networking and business development
- In-house projects (committees, working groups, etc.)
- Mentoring, training, development of newer staff
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: Candidates must have a B.S. in Accounting or a closely related degree. MST, MSA or other industry related graduate degree is preferred. Must have a current, active CPA license. A minimum of five years of relevant professional work experience. Candidates must also have strong computer, communication and interpersonal skills, be organized, detail-oriented, energetic, and have a desire to learn. Must be able to excel in deadline-driven environment. Integrity, with an ability to handle confidential information is critical to this role. In addition, client contact is required, and this individual should be able to communicate effectively with client employees and members of a client's management.
The Manager works a standard day shift in an office environment. Role may require travel or alternate work schedule based on client needs.
This position is contingent on the satisfactory completion of a background check. Valid driver license also required.
LOCATION: NY, Albany