The Registered Nurse Case Manager provides skilled nursing care for hospice patients in their home or living facility. The RN Case Manager assesses the needs of the patient/family unit and plans, implements, and evaluates the nursing care in accordance with physician orders and the interdisciplinary plan of care.
If you want to spend more time with patients and provide compassionate care during a difficult time, then this position might be right for you. Its not just a job, its a calling.
Recent nursing school graduates are encouraged to apply.
Starting salary for the Registered Nurse Case Manager is typically between $28.75 to $32.00 with a sign on bonus. (Recent graduates may start out lower.)
Responsibilities of the Registered Nurse Case Manager include:
- Completing nursing assessments and updating plans of care;
- Providing direct hospice nursing care to patients in order to maintain their highest level of comfort and quality of life, and regularly assessing for nursing care needs;
- Initiating appropriate interventions and monitoring the outcomes;
- Educating patients/family members;
- Coordinating hospice nursing care when outside agency involvement is required;
- Ensuring necessary medical equipment, supplies, and services are available;
- Completing Home Health Aide assignments as needed and making supervisory visits to instruct, supervise, and evaluate; and
- Performing on-call coverage as needed/scheduled.
Qualifications for the Registered Nurse Case Manager include:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and current Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in the State of Michigan;
- Two years of recent clinical experience is preferred, however recent nursing school graduates are also encouraged to apply. Homecare or hospice experience desired;
- Sound clinical judgment; and
- Knowledge and/or experience in pain symptom management with end of life care.
The RN Case Manager position is full-time fully benefited position, which includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance;
- Life and disability insurance;
- A 401k with match;
- Paid time off;
- Paid holidays;
- Continuing education assistance;
- Mileage; and
- Cell phone reimbursement.
Hospice of Holland is a financially strong non-profit organization deeply committed to providing the best care for hospice patients and their families. The Registered Nurse Case Manager plays a critical role in that mission.
M-F, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. is the base schedule. Day to day schedules can vary based on patient needs, location, etc. There may be evening (4-8 p.m. When this happens, staff work noon to 8pm instead of 8-4), weeknight (8pm - 8am), and/or weekend on-call requirements based on overall staffing. There is a holiday on-call rotation.