Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The essential duties and responsibilities of this job are included but not limited to this job description other tasks may be assigned and expected to be performed.
- Construct, machine, alter and repair all types of tools, dies, jigs, fixtures and gages for special and general type production operations where design is usually available, but requiring development work as to mechanisms and details. Individual must be able to interpret simple and complex prints, relating to design and product specifications and/or the general verbal instructions of department supervisor. Make tool tryouts, diagnose and correct troubles. Develop or modify ordinary design features to improvise or alter tooling to meet new conditions.
- Maintain accurate relationships, fittings and interchangeability of parts requiring tolerances to meet all specified drawing requirements consistently on all types of tools, dies, jigs or fixtures. Recognize, and report for correction, blueprint errors such as improper radii, angles, dimensions, materials and similar data which would prevent economical production.
- Must be able to perform all tool room machining operations involving a variety of tool room equipment as necessary, which require a variety of setups and methods to maintain tolerances; skilled bench work involving filing, grinding, fitting, assembling, adjusting and timing to insure satisfactory performance. Additionally, the individual must have the ability to fully operate and demonstrate mastery to operate more than three pieces of specialized equipment such as: Jig bore, Jig Grinder, EDM cutting units, CNC milling centers, finish wet surface grinders, able to perform form/profile grinding of radius and include edge/slot grinding to drawing requirements. Individual should be able to operate all standard tool room pieces of equipment.
- Work may involve a wide variety of exacting machine and bench operations requiring skill and a broad knowledge to work within the required tolerances; and, the interpretation and use of complex drawings. Layout and plan machining sequence of operations, and make correct decisions as to fits, finishes and machining or assembly sequence on unusual or difficult work, where only general methods are available to obtain satisfactory results.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition, and follow standard safety regulations. Detect faulty operation or defective material, and refer all unusual conditions to superior. Record production, material and time data. Perform other similar and associated duties as required or directed.
- Individual must have a firm understanding of all machine shop mathematics including shop formulas and poses trigonometry and geometry math skills.
- Self-motivated to take ownership of work schedule and quality.
- Continuous improvement: Willing to accept change to support being a Fast Flexible - Efficient section.
- Team player will work with other team members in the section to keep the process moving and improving.
- Customer focus: Work closely with other team members both inside and outside the section in order to satisfy the needs of internal and external customers.
- Judgment: Make decisions in order to perform a variety of tasks having timely constraints.
- Follow direction / instruction of group leader or supervisor.
Tsubaki is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability