Plans and directs the daily shop floor quality activities related to inspections, non-conformances, process changes/improvements, and test. Supervises hourly inspection personnel to support manufacturing schedules, including coverage of both Production and Receiving Inspection needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The essential duties and responsibilities of this job are included but not limited to this job description other tasks may be assigned and expected to be performed.
- Provides schedules and work direction to Inspection personnel to ensure coverage of daily responsibilities.
- Maintains accuracy and schedules related to QA support functions, including Calibration of Gages and Equipment, including Test machinery.
- Makes suggestions to reduce non-conformances and eliminate sorting/rework. Coordinates resources required to address quality concerns.
- Develops plans to improve quality and efficiency, while reducing costs.
- Create and monitor daily efficient flow of material through the department by utilization of manpower and equipment in the department.
- Maintain MSA records and verify the results meet the standards.
- Determine and implement continuous improvement plans for the equipment, and overall department.
- Monitor yearly budget for the department ensure goals are met by reducing cost related to production and MRO supplies.
- Foster working relationships with associated departments i.e. Planning, Engineering and Production.
- Establish and maintain effective communication vehicles such as toolbox meetings and employee meetings.
- Understands, communicates, and follows all company policies, work rules, and Union Contract. Effectively utilizes this knowledge to:
- Analyze and resolve work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Correctly maintains time and attendance records.
- Confers with Group Leader(s) and employees to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Ensure department inventory is accurate.
- Make daily decisions on production schedules and personnel related matters that affect the delivery and quality.
It is the expectation of the company that Supervisors will accomplish these goals by working to a high ethical standard and consistently complies with all company policies, work rules, Union Contractual agreements, and applicable laws with little to no direct supervision..Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree highly desired.
- 3+ Years of Automotive Manufacturing Experience; Five (5) to seven (7) years of Supervisory experience in quality engineering
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel, Word required;
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in Lean Manufacturing, Project Management and ISO procedures is required
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work; excellent time management skills required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate good judgment and decision making with the ability to analyze situations and present a resolution(s).
Tsubaki is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability