See all jobs in Lincolnshire IL
Job Location: Lincolnshire, IL
Address: 450 Bond Street
Klein Tools has a 160+ year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently looking for a Director, Marketing to be located in our Lincolnshire, IL Facility.
The Director Marketing will be responsible for managing the development, creation, and implementation of all customer facing marketing programs for the company. Participates in the development of marketing strategies to meet the needs of the Company. This includes the planning and execution of advertising, press releases, the cultivation of media relations, and the curation, editing and writing of content for our websites, emails and online marketing channels.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
1.Communicate directly with professional tradesman and all sales channels, including retail, wholesale, and ecommerce (Amazon).
2. Guide the marketing team to create, produce, and edit innovative content in support of corporate strategies.Ensure all content is on-brand and consistent in terms of quality and tone of voice for all channels.
2. Ensure marketing calendar and content strategies align and all campaigns and initiatives launch seamlessly on
3. Assist the Product Management team through field, customer and market information. Coordinate content
development to support launch and awareness of new products.
4. Work with the Vice President to develop and implement the company's marketing strategy and review key
performance indicator progress.
5. Identify and develop strong relationships with the media to include trade press, national, regional and local press,
and social media.
6. Plan, negotiate, and manage the media plan and develop an advertising schedule and deliverables.
7. Manage development of email, text, and influencer outreach programs, report metrics of success, and make
recommendations for improvements to programs.
8. Demonstrate expertise and thought leadership all media types (digital, traditional, emerging, etc.) with the internal
marketing team and broader organization.
9. Communicate directly with professional tradesman and all sales channels, including retail, wholesale, and
10. Monitor, analyze, and optimize media placements to ensure the highest effectiveness and cost efficiency.
11. Stay up to date on industry best practices for content strategy and integrate into the overall marketing strategy.
12. Perform other duties as required within the nature and level of work.
Qualified applicants will possess a Bachelors degree in Marketing, Marketing Communications or a related field, seven (7) years of marketing experience, and five (5) years of management experience in sales/marketing are required.
Knowledge of marketing/digital marketing, public relation, communications, journalism or related field is required. Advertising and Public Relations Agency background is preferred.
Superior writing, communication, and presentation skills. Excellent content and copywriting skills, and ability to write content to increase search engine optimization (SEO). Ability to adapt and function in an environment of changing priorities often under tight time constraints.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- 401(k) Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Shared Cost Medical & Dental
- Flex Spending
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Onsite Employee Fitness Center
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.