See all jobs in Lincolnshire IL
Job Location: Lincolnshire, IL
Address: 450 Bond Street
Klein Tools has a 160-year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently looking for a District Sales Manager to be located in our CT/Western MA territory.
The District Manager is responsible for territory plans and activities leading to achievement of sales quotas within his/her respective territory and assigned channels of distribution.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
1. Increase territory sales volume and exceed all quotas for new products and promotions.
2. Create and sustain relationships with influential decision makers, top managers and owners of all distributors in his/her territory. Participate in regular updates to these key management personnel.
3. Participate in annual, quarterly and monthly planning with the top 25 national accounts and marketing group accounts. Set objectives as well as reviews with distributors and the Regional Sales Manager.
4. Maintain and update distributor displays, adding new products, additional SKU's and re-balancing inventory when necessary. Must keep displays full, clean and neat. Before and after pictures to be submitted to RM.
5. Participate in personal calls to all Vo-Tech and educational facilities in his/her territory to promote sales through local distributors via class presentations, award dinners, and other tasks as necessary to increase brand awareness and preference to the trades. Solicit IBEW/NJATC locations on a regular basis and ensures Klein Tools peg boards are on display.
6. Create and sustain relationships with influential decision makers, top managers and owners of all key end users in his/her territory. Make end user calls to job sites in respective territory.
7. Continually prospect for new customers and channels of distribution adding distributors and stocking locations where necessary to increase territory sales. Keep a current listing all of prospective new accounts.
8. Complete and submit all reports on time. Maintain current and accurate records as required, updating Customer Relationship Management (CRM) sales software on a daily basis. Ensure that all company property is accounted for and maintained properly and all company policies, procedures, programs and promotions are implemented.
9. Perform other duties as required within the nature and level of work
Associates Degree required, Bachelors Degree preferred with minimum of one (1) to three (3) years sales experience. Must have a proven track record of continued sales growth and success.
Must have versatility and flexibility in adjusting to changing business needs and priorities, and strong communications skills, verbal and written. This includes basic knowledge using Microsoft Office to include Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Strong team focus and ability to work with others, both internal and external to the organization.
Must be physically able to perform all physical duties associated with this position, driving long distances, lifting, and demonstrating products. Must be bondable, and possesses a valid driver's license at all times.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- 401(k) Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Shared Cost Medical & Dental
- Flex Spending
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.