See all jobs in Lincolnshire IL
Job Location: Lincolnshire, IL
Address: 450 Bond Street
Klein Tools has a 160+ year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently looking for a Director, Product Management to be located in our Lincolnshire, IL office.
The Director Product Management is responsible for leading 4 to 7 Product Managers and the Product Management function of Klein Tools. Product Management includes all new and existing product management. This position is responsible for all aspects of product management including sales, margins, suggested retail prices, distribution prices, product portfolio and end of life. Product Management also includes leadership of most new product development projects.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Direct and manage the product management team.
- Develop short- and long-range strategies for multiple product lines to achieve strategic goals and maximize sale and profit objectives.
- Develop revenue and profit objectives for multiple product lines.
- Adjust marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions; monitor competitive products and marketing activities.
- Display leadership when working with cross-functional teams. Inspire and motivate the cross-functional team and outside partners.
- Ensure that product managers stay current with competitors and market trends through interactions with sales people, distributors, and end users through a variety of venues. Collect and maintain marketing information.
- Conduct market research as necessary. Responsible for planning and conducting in-depth marketing research when additional research is needed, such as specific market studies, focus groups, etc.
- Collaborate with marketing team to coordinate all marketing communications activity to communicate with outside customers (i.e. branding, advertising, public relations, and packaging).
- Specify and maintain a system to identify delays or problems during the development of new products in order to resolve issues quickly.
- Work to improve new product time-to-market and the process that delivers those new products.
- Validate that product development projects follow the stage gates of the new product development (NPD) process. Work with others to improve the NPD process.
- Responsible for monthly reporting on current state of product management and new product development including achievement to corporate objectives. Publish monthly metrics on on-time performance and other metrics as required.
- Plan and control the product management budget. Help to plan the engineering product development budget.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants will possess a Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing or Engineering and seven (7) years related work experience in product management, marketing, and product design. MBA or extensive business experience and experience in the hand tool industry is preferred.
Must possess knowledge working with large home improvement retailers and electrical distributors. Must possess experience in evaluating markets, market trends, and customer and sales feedback to develop new product plans. Must possess knowledge in product portfolio planning. Must possess knowledge in Product Development Process background.
Demonstrate strong planning, organizing and change management capabilities. Demonstrate strong financial modeling and forecasting skills. Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word).
Ability to lead cross-functional product development teams. Ability to demonstrated successful leadership experience - ability to recruit, develop team members, and retain talent within the organization. Ability to effectively communicate and present information to team members, top management, customers and/or suppliers.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- 401(k) Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Shared Cost Medical & Dental
- Flex Spending
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Onsite Employee Fitness Center
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.