See all jobs in Mansfield TX
Job Location: Mansfield, TX
Address: 501 Easy Drive
The Product Engineering Director is responsible for the management and direction of the product engineering managers who lead the new product engineering teams that support all new product projects for the core product categories at our Mansfield, Texas facility.
1. Oversee the design of all product and design related activities concerning major product lines.
2 Ensure that all appropriate product information is properly documented and communicated on a timely basis to
other areas of Engineering and other departments as required.
3. Provide technical support and accurate product information to other areas of the Engineering department and
external departments as required.
4. Keep up-to-date on technical changes to product line technologies and how these technologies can be used in
5. Develop the annual department fiscal budget.
6. Mentor and develop mechanical engineering staff skills and capabilities.
7. Make employment decisions on hiring, promotion, transfers, training and development, disciplinary action,
terminations and pay adjustments; monitor performance by completing new hire and annual performance
8. Perform other duties as required within the nature and level of work.
Bachelors Degree in Mechanical Engineering and seven (7) years experience in product design and development.
Four (4) years of supervisory experience is required. In-depth knowledge of the product-line and Klein Tools markets
is preferred. Must be willing and able to travel at least 3 days per month.
Must have strong communications skills, verbal and written. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite. Strong team focus
and ability to work with others, both internal and external to the organization.
Occasionally required to stand, walk or sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with
hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must
occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.