See all jobs in Lincolnshire IL
Job Location: Lincolnshire, IL
Address: 450 Bond Street
Klein Tools has a 160-year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
The Senior Supplier Development Manager is responsible for the creation and execution of all supplier performance planning, including existing global suppliers that support raw material and finished good requirements. This position will manage and develop a world class team, responsible for all supplier metrics, risk mitigation, and opportunities for resourcing. In addition, this position will identify and track requisite data to effectively communicate performance in support of organizational objectives.
1. Develop and implement Supplier Development strategies to drive supplier performance in the areas of cost, quality, delivery, and innovation.
2. Collaborate with Procurement, Sourcing, Product Management, and Engineering in support of organizational objectives.
3. Create and maintain a multi-year framework in support of supplier development requirements.
4. Work with suppliers to identify cost reduction opportunities in support of annual targets.
5. Identify risk in the supply chain and work to mitigate through comprehensive strategy execution.
6. Create and communicate supplier scorecards, including regularly scheduled business reviews with key strategic partners.
7. Act as a point of escalation for procurement issues as needed.
8. Work with suppliers to maintain effective capacity planning.
9. Support all cost related issues with established suppliers, including cost reduction opportunities and cost increase requests.
10. Maintain and communicate supplier performance data to appropriate stakeholders.
11. Conduct routine supplier assessments to maintain current information.
12. On-board new suppliers, including contract negotiation and execution.
13. Recruit and develop a world class Supplier Development team.
14. Perform other duties as required within the nature and level of work
Bachelors degree in supply chain management, business management or other related field, five (5) years of Supply Chain related work experience, and two (2) years of leadership experience are required. Project management experience is required. Masters degree and Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) certification preferred. Must be willing and able to travel (3) days per month.
Ability to work and effectively communicate with all levels of the company and supplier management. Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word).
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- 401(k) Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Shared Cost Medical & Dental
- Flex Spending
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.