See all jobs in Lincolnshire IL
Job Location: Lincolnshire, IL
Address: 450 Bond Street
Klein Tools has a 160+ year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
The New Product Sourcing Manager is responsible for all strategic sourcing activities associated with their assigned categories. This position will develop, execute, and maintain strategies related to supplier identification and sourcing to support the company's new product development goals. This position will be closely aligned with all business units in support of new product development and inventory management. Additional responsibilities will include:
1. Provide leadership, management, and strategic direction of the new product supply activities across assigned new product development programs from a supply sourcing and supply development perspective.
2. Design and implement an effective global sourcing strategy to reduce product costs, ensure supply, and manage all sourcing processes.
3. Own the identification, evaluation, and choice of suppliers for assigned categories.
4. Define supply chain requirements for the development and launch of new products given quality, cost, and schedule targets.
5. Act as sourcing lead with Sales, Marketing, Research and Development teams on new product launches managing inception through execution ensuring clear communication through all aspects of a project.
6. Coordinate, negotiate, and manage request for quotations (RFQs) with both new and current suppliers.
7. Conduct supply market analysis and collect supplier intelligence to drive sourcing process.
8. Lead and support cross-functional teams in developing solutions to complex business and technical problems and issues related to or impacting the supply base.
9. Work with Procurement Operations, Warehouse, and site teams to improve supply chain performance.
10. Identify and present opportunities and risks of the category.
11. Identify, develop, and implement global, cross-functional supply chain improvement opportunities within the supply chain to achieve best practices.
12. Proactively engage with strategic suppliers in Early Supplier Involvement initiatives and coordinate crossfunctional team activities related to specification development, technical and design for manufacturability reviews, part validation, and delivered part quality.
13. Provide leadership to drive resolution of blocking items related to supply chain during product development, collaborate and communicate with internal work partners on status, issues, and actions.
14. Analyze data or insights (including supply options, market trends and competitors) to determine industry and consumer trends. Conduct assessments of existing products/services to assess the potential for new products and services.
15. Perform other duties as required within the nature and level of work
Bachelor's degree in supply chain or related field and a minimum of three (3) years of commodity management and sourcing experience are required. Knowledge of lean principles and demand flow techniques is required. Masters in Business Administration (MBA) is a plus. A Certified Professional in Supply Management (C.P.M.) or Certified in Production and Inventory Management (C.P.I.M.) certification is a plus. Must be willing and able to travel at least one (1) week per month.
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft Project). Must have strong technical and analytical skills. Must have project management and problem solving skills. Demonstrated supplier management skills. Must be able to work and effectively communicate with all levels of the company and suppliers. Ability to lead and effectively manage cross functional teams.
Occasionally required to stand, walk or sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move objects up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
401(k) Company Match
Shared Cost Medical & Dental
Education Reimbursement Program
Employee Discount Program
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.