See all jobs in Lincolnshire IL
Job Location: Lincolnshire, IL
Address: 450 Bond Street
Klein Tools has a 160-year history of serving the hand tool needs of professional tradesmen with products that represent a standard of excellence, innovation, technology and quality in our industry. We are looking for candidates who want a career working with The Premier Brand of Hand Tools.
We are currently looking for a Director, Retail Sales to be located in our Lincolnshire, IL Facility.
The Director, Retail Sales will supervise a team of up to five (5) direct reports and be responsible for Company annual retail sales revenues. This position will be responsible for the customer relationships and the direction, coordination, and sales growth of the Klein Tools North American retail channel of distribution.
Specific Responsibilities will include:
- Identify strategic growth opportunities with key customers and implement plans in order to meet sales goals.
- Lead cross functional teams, including Marketing, Product Management, and Customer Relations to meet objectives and achieve results.
- Gain commitment from key customers for new products.
- Develop and execute successful product launch plans.
- Identify and implement creative promotional and marketing strategies to leverage key distributor events, including online events.
- Cultivate strong customer relationships and position the Company as a trusted partner with our key accounts.
- Understand the competitive landscape in order to develop strategies to retain and increase market share.
- Review Profit & Loss statements to identify opportunities and develop plans to manage and reduce expenses.
- Manage retail sales revenues and profit targets.
- Perform other duties as assigned within the nature and level of work.
Qualified applicants a Bachelor's degree with a minimum of seven (7) years of Sales and Marketing Leadership experience are required. Master's degree in Sales or Marketing or a Master's in Business Administration (MBA) is preferred.
Experience with national retailers including "Big Box" retail experience is preferred.
Demonstrated experience reading Profit and Loss (P&L) statements. Strong team focus and ability to work with others, both internal and external to the organization.
Must have a proven track record of continued sales growth and success. Must have versatility and flexibility in adjusting to changing business needs and priorities, and strong communications skills, verbal and written. Strong analytical skills and decision-making processes. This includes basic knowledge using Microsoft Office to include Excel, Word, and Outlook.
Must be bondable and possess a valid drivers' license. Must be willing and able to travel at least one (1) weeks per month.
Klein Tools provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including:
- 401(k) Company Match
- Profit Sharing
- Paid Vacation/Holidays
- Shared Cost Medical & Dental
- Flex Spending
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Employee Discount Program
- Onsite Employee Fitness Center
If you have the commitment to succeed and the desire to join an organization recognized as the industry leader, please submit your cover letter and resume.
No phone calls please.