See all jobs in Palmer MA
Job Location: Palmer, MA
Location: Palmer, MA
Salary Interval: Full Time
Date Posted: 07/15/21
Peckham Industries delivers the highest quality materials and custom solutions to thousands of road construction and road maintenance customers throughout New York and New England. We have several Hot Mix Asphalt and Concrete Plants, Quarries and Terminals, as well as, a paving and reclamation division all located throughout the NY and New England area. Palmer Paving is a paving provider as well as Hot Mix Asphalt producer and aggregate supplier located in western Massachusetts.
Thank you for your Interest in Palmer Paving Corp, a division of Peckham Industries. Please complete the application in its entirety and if you have a resume and/or cover letter, please upload a copy before submitting.
The Accounts Payable Clerk will work in the Palmer, MA office reporting to the Eastern Region Controller. The Accounts Payable Clerk will be responsible for assisting with the compiling, processing and maintaining accounts payable records.
- Review and verify invoices are entered into the system with supporting documentation.
- Code invoices to ensure proper entry into the financial system.
- Reconcile various vendor statements.
- Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries.
- Internal credit card reconciliation.
- Reconcile cash/credit card sales for multiple plants.
- Assist in entering and maintaining FOB pricing in BID program.
- Provide backup for the scale clerk position
- Special projects as assigned.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This position is based in an office environment.
Occasional local travel from the Palmer Office may be required.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensivelisting of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for thisjob. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, Outlook, as well as PC proficiency .
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to interface well with vendors and other departments.
- Thorough and organized
- Data Entry and math skills
Preferred Education and Experience
- High school diploma, GED, or equivalent required
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field a plus.
- A minimum of 1 - 3 years of accounts payable or general accounting
Equal Opportunity Employer
Peckham Industries is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, pregnancy or pregnancy related condition, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Peckham, please contact THIS EMAIL .