****VIM Recyclers, L.P. is currently sourcing for a Financial Process Improvement Manager****
VIM is $30m+ Privately held industrial recycling company located in Aurora, IL with a branch location in Kansas City, KS
Oversee and have the ability to perform all accounting operations to ensure efficiency and compliance of financial transactions.
Lead the partnership activities between Finance/Accounting, Operations, Logistics, and Equipment Leasing while working closely with management to drive change and maintain ownership to the applicable departments.
Maintain ownership of disseminating changes throughout the applicable departments and monitor ongoing success.
Support Finance, Operations, and Administrative process improvement efforts, implementation of best practices, establish and monitor KPIs, as well as work directly with departments to reduce KPI deficiencies.
The right candidate has a strong command over best practices for business performance improvement and process design, can demonstrate the ability to evaluate and assess gaps and opportunities, and develop scalable outcomes in partnership with process owners.
Principal Functional Responsibilities:
- Ensure the delivery of accounting activities and documentation, including general ledger reconciliation, tax filings, journal entries, accounts payable/receivable, and monthly and year-end close process. Tasks to include:
- General ledger coding and GL Transaction (GAAP) best practices.
- Collections, cash controls
- Assist in preparation of audit and tax schedules for annual audits and tax returns.
- AR management to ensure successful collections of receivables, short-pays, past due / Aging monitoring, and discrepancy resolution assistance
- Analyze accounts payable discrepancies
- Standardize customers consistent settlement of invoices and credit memos
- Process ACH rebate payments and improve customers understanding of credit memo settlement
- Fixed asset accounting, risk management, internal auditing, etc.
- Support operational accounting through month-end close process as necessary and conduct monthly reporting, forecasting, and business plan preparation.
- Monitor regular and closing journal entries to prepare financial statements
- Prepare month-end reconciliation, maintaining general ledger accounts, generating financial reports, performing bank reconciliations, etc.
- Develop and monitor AR, AP, and month-end journal entry related KPIs.
- Analyze operating results, monthly forecast and provide management with an understanding of the company's financial performance and key business drivers including analyzing results.
- Partner with process owners to drive critical process improvements and automation in accounting, and other functional areas, including mapping of current state processes, assessment of pain points, gaps, and interdependencies, and design and implementation of future state solutions with automation and actionable metrics.
- Establish and promote continuous process improvement mindset and practices through KPI/metric target-setting, monitoring, and training.
- Serve as liaison between the accounting team and all other business resource teams to provide timely processing and analysis via reports related to revenue, profitability, budgets, cost accounting, gross margin analysis, and pricing analysis.
- Assist in becoming more data driven in our business approach and provide insight to management on the use of advanced analytics.
- Develop and maintain standardized operating procedures that reduce process variation.
- Assist with facilitating of the administrative function of internal and external audit requests.
- Work with management to prioritize objectives and to focus team efforts where most appropriate.
- Review existing software tools to ensure complete usage of system capabilities.
Manage activities of accounting staff, reassign as needed, train, and directly supervise five (5) employees to include: Staff Accountant, Dispatch Supervisor, Invoicing Supervisor, AR Clerk & AP Clerk.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs workflows and procedures.
- Job Knowledge Competent in required job skills and knowledge; exhibits ability to learn and apply new skills; keeps abreast of current developments; requires minimal supervision; displays understanding of how job relates to others; uses resources effectively.
- Use of Technology Ability to quickly learn new software; troubleshoots technological problems; uses technology to increase productivity; keeps technical skills up to date; constantly seek opportunities to better use and leverage available technology.
- Problem Solving Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well in a group problem solving situations.
- Communication Express ideas and thoughts verbally and in written form; exhibits good listening and comprehension; keeps others adequately informed; selects and uses appropriate communication methods. Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; writes clearly and informatively; presents numerical data effectively.
- People Management Establish goals and standards for all employees; regularly review performance and holds timely discussions with direct reports; provide appropriate training and development opportunities; and delegate tasks to offer timely feedback for success.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Education and/or Experience Bachelors degree with minimum 10+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Management Skills 5+ years of experience with managing direct reports in a Finance/Accounting setting.
- Mathematical Skills Ability to calculate figures and amounts as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, proficiency in leveraging Excels financial and accounting capabilities.
- Computer Skills High computer literacy and the ability to learn quickly, Competency in Microsoft Office Products, particularly Excel.
- Reasoning Ability Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form; inclined to avoid complacency with incumbent practices and continuously seek opportunities to improve processes with original ideas.
- Physical Demands Regularly required to sit; use hand to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear, occasionally required to stand, and walk.
- Work Environment Office environment, temperature controlled, typically quiet.