Creative Digital Systems Integration, Inc. is a small business and a leader in digital beamforming technologies. We develop ground-breaking 'first-of-its-kind' products that have ranged from complete phased-array antenna systems to radar and EW calibration tools, with application modeling, and data visualization.
We are looking for a bright and enthusiastic Senior Systems Engineer, Telemetry + RF to lead and support our Telemetry/EW and Radar digital beamforming projects.
Senior Systems Engineer, RF you must be a team player with experience in Architecture, Design, Integration, Analysis and Test of RF Systems, and be technically conversant in a wide variety of topics involving Signal Processing, Electrical, RF, mechanical and software functional principles.
CDSI is a company built on collaboration and creativity. We foster an environment of sharing information, and provide the highest level of mutual respect.
Senior Systems Engineer, Telemetry + RF Job Duties:
- Architect, design, analyze and support innovative, high performance solutions
- Provide technical guidance and leadership to internal and external Engineering teams
- Perform modeling and simulation of complex scenarios involving CDSI products.
- Document product design for prototype execution.
- Define development tasks and work with external vendors to execute tasks as required.
- Design and execute test methodology for characterizing system performance with internal resources and external test partners.
- Define and write test procedures for final product and key sub-assemblies.
- Take the product through development, compliance and end-user testing as applicable
- Support on-site installation, calibration, troubleshooting at the system level as required
- Produce system and component level requirements for third party vendors
- Understand customer system requirements and distill for internal design teams.
- Provide key customer technical interaction: Analyze, report, and present technical topics
- Perform internal and external Technical Design Reviews to steer and gauge development
- Request and verify the implementation and effectiveness of corrective and preventive actions consistent with CDSI quality standards.
Senior Systems Engineer, RF Skills/Qualifications and other considerations:
- MS in Electrical Engineering or a related technical discipline. Advanced degree desirable.
- Thorough familiarity with MatLab/Simulink.
- Thorough understanding of Digital Signal Processing Principles and Digital Beamforming
- 10+ yrs. experience in RF and radar/communication system design and integration.
- Good verbal communication skills are essential. A good sense of humor is helpful.
- Experience with RF measurement equipment such as spectrum analyzers, network analyzers, and antenna chambers
- Experience with antenna and mechanical positioner integration, including
- (controllers, servo amplifiers, feedback)
- Technical and practical understanding of RF components, specifications and testing
- Familiarity with RF design and evaluation tools such as CST, HFSS, ...
- Familiarity with Atlassian set of collaboration and administrative tools.
CDSI is an AS9100D certified workplace.
Candidate must have US Citizenship or US Permanent Resident status
Senior Systems Engineer, RF
Compensation and Benefits:
As a full-time employee, you will enjoy a competitive salary, a robust benefit package including:
- Vision plans
- Life Insurance
- AD&D insurance
- 5 paid sick days per year
- 2 weeks paid vacation
- We offer a 401k program with matching contributions from the company.
- In addition, we offer endless opportunities to learn, grow, and develop your strengths through top-tier training programs, certification sponsorship and tuition reimbursement.
- Most importantly, we offer a fun, energetic environment that truly has a familial atmosphere and a crucial emphasis on maintaining a strong work-life balance through our paid-time-off policies, paid holidays, parental leave, family leave, and bereavement leave.
- Shared company profit at the end of the year
NOTE: In order to conform to Government technology export regulations (ITAR), applicants must be US citizens or permanent residents (Green Card holders). CDSI uses e-Verify and provide Social Security Administration and/or Department of Homeland Security employees I-9 Form to confirm work authorization.
CDSI is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Location: Simi Valley, CA
Powered by JazzHR