Obtains or receives merchandise, places orders, provides outstanding customer service, totals bill, accepts payment, and makes change for customers in retail store by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Ability to place orders with a variety of vendors and take care of all related follow through including, but not limited to, returns
for credit, special orders, and pricing adjustments.
2. Contribute to the maintenance of minimum margin expectations of 50% for Vitamins and 44% for Cosmetics.
3. Follows and enforces Lassens Stocking & Facing Policy and Procedures.
4. Follows and enforces Lassens Special Order Policy & Procedures.
5. Stocks shelves, counters, or tables with merchandise.
6. Sets up advertising displays or arranges merchandise on counters or tables to promote sales.
7. Hangs correct shelf labels and signs in front of correct products using UPC# and date range as exclusive criteria.
8. Obtains merchandise requested by customer or receives merchandise selected by customer.
9. Provides outstanding customer service and answers customer's questions concerning location, price, and use of merchandise.
10. Totals price and tax on merchandise purchased by customer to determine bill.
11. Accepts payment and makes change.
12. Wraps or bags merchandise for customers.
13. Cleans shelves, counters, or tables.
14. Removes and records amount of cash in register at end of shift.
15. Calculates sales discount to determine price.
16. Keeps record of sales, prepares inventory of stock, and orders merchandise.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel;
reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.
2. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
3. The employee is occasionally required to sit and climb or balance.
4. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
5. The employee must frequently move heavy objects using a hand truck or pallet jack.
6. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job description is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete list of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as needed.