Bellwether Housing, the region's largest nonprofit affordable housing provider, is searching for a Recruiting Program Manager to join the dynamic and collaborative Human Resources team. The Recruiting Program Manager will be responsible for all areas related to talent acquisition including sourcing, full-cycle recruiting, and process development, implementation and training.
Come join us!
Sourcing and Full-Cycle Recruiting
- Serve as the first line ambassador for Bellwether Housing for all passive and active candidates.
- Proactively create and maintain a pipeline for qualified candidates in selected disciplines to fulfill existing positions and future positions as they are identified.
- Identify and assess a diverse candidate pool and manage candidates through the full lifecycle of the recruitment process
- Partner with the hiring manager to create, edit job descriptions and adapt preexisting job descriptions based on organization needs.
- Initiate, negotiate and extend verbal and written offers of employment. Disposition candidates in Applicant Tracking System (ATS). Partner with Human Resources team members with onboarding new hires.
- Manage effectiveness, usage and communications around internal recruitment programs such as the Employee Referral Bonus program and hiring bonuses.
- Travel locally to Bellwether sites for job shadowing collaboration opportunities, training, coaching and other engaging activities.
- Travel locally to recruiting and sourcing events such as job fairs and networking events.
Process Development, Implementation and Training
- Develop recruiting strategies based on Bellwether Housings' mission, culture and the needs in the non-profit sector.
- Develop, implement, and maintain qualitative and quantitative recruiting metrics, identify trends and forecast recruiting and staffing needs based upon current and past data; Develop presentations for Leadership Team and Board of Trustees.
- Coach and train hiring managers on interview techniques in accordance with Bellwether values and employment/labor laws, including but not limited to managing implicit and unintentional biases, behavioral interviewing, legal and illegal interview questions and how to ask follow-up questions during an interview.
- Develop and maintain an interview bank of questions
Vendor, Contract and System Management
- Responsible Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) for maintaining the Bellwether Applicant tracking system (ATS), including managing workflows, dispositioning and troubleshooting any issues for internal and external users.
- Partner with Human Resources team to coordinate recruiting related trainings in Bellwether Learning Management system.
- Manage all Temporary Staffing and Independent Contractor agreements. Strategize with hiring managers to understand operational needs. Proactively coordinate termination and extension of assignments/contracts in accordance with employment/labor laws.
- Partner with HR Generalists and Hiring Managers to proactively identify temporary staffing needs for limited and extended leaves.
Community and Social Media Engagement
- Develop and actively participate in internal and external recruiting activities (job fairs, visiting Career Service Centers, etc.). Partner with hiring managers to participate and follow-up with leads from recruiting events with on-demand interviews.
- Monitor Social Media feedback presence of the organization (Example: Glassdoor, Indeed reviews) on a regular cadence and escalate to Leadership Team to develop responses as needed.
- Proactively network and develop relationships with community partners in the Greater Seattle area to recruit culturally diverse candidates; Track candidates sources and employment retention.
- Partner with Human Resources team members to gather data about exit interviews, onboarding feedback surveys, etc. to determine effective recruitment channels, trends and patterns, employee morale and employee satisfaction.
- 5+ years of in-house, qualitative and behavioral based full-cycle recruiting experience or equivalent
- Experience with sourcing hard-to-fill roles
- Skilled with technology and comfortable with applicant tracking systems (ATS), preferably Paylocity
- Demonstrated ability to consistently provide a high level of customer service to internal and external partners
- Willing to travel locally for site visits, job shadowing, attending job fairs to actively and consistently engage with internal/external partners
- Experience with negotiating, managing and retaining temporary staff agreements
- Proven ability to identify and adapt communication styles to effectively communicate to diverse audiences
- Proven ability to successfully recruit candidates from culturally and differently abled diverse backgrounds
- Ability to work with management to create a positive and respectful experience for all candidates
- Ability to prioritize multiple open requisitions, projects and candidates simultaneously under minimal supervision
Compensation & Benefits
We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Starting salary $82,000+ depending on experience
- Hybrid working environment: 2 days in office, 3 days remote
- 24 days of paid time off in the first year of employment (for all employees working over 20 hours per week)
- 403(b) retirement plan with immediate eligibility for employee contributions and employer matching after 15 months of service
- Health, dental, and vision insurance plans, with FSA / employer-funded HSA
- Long-term disability insurance and employer paid life insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Professional Development and Job Training Resources
To view our full benefits package, visit www.mybellwetherhousing.com
Bellwether Housing was founded in 1980 to create affordable housing for workers in downtown Seattle. After 40 years, Bellwether is the region's largest nonprofit affordable housing provider.
Today, we serve over 3,500 residents in 2,100 homes. We serve families, seniors, and young people starting out. We also serve many veterans, immigrants, and workers being paid less than a living wage.
Our housing is near jobs, transit, schools, and community amenities, increasing access to opportunity for our residents. By increasing access to the opportunity and prosperity of the region, our work cultivates a more vibrant and equitable city for all.
Looking forward, Bellwether will continue to integrate our four decades of expertise with new ideas and pioneering development approaches. Bellwether plans to add 2500 new homes to our portfolio by 2025 to meet the huge need for housing in urban King County.
Our Commitment to Equity, Inclusion and Anti-Racism Work
Discriminatory, predatory, and intentionally racist practices in our country's housing system have advantaged white people and disadvantaged Black, Indigenous, and People of Color, contributing to the racial wealth gap. Our city, Seattle, has a history of housing segregation, redlining, and systematically denying people of color access to safe and affordable homes. As a housing organization, we cannot do our work of creating equitable communities through housing without addressing racism. Housing justice is racial justice.
We are striving to be an anti-racist organization and are committed to doing the work to dismantle the racism within our organization and in our broader community, while acknowledging we have a long way to go. Every employee is encouraged to be a part of making Bellwether more equitable, just, and inclusive.
Working at Bellwether
Bellwether Housing is an uplifting, positive place to do work with meaning. Our staff say the most fulfilling part of their work is serving residents and creating housing opportunities in our community.
Our workplace values include:
- Warm-hearted, supportive, caring workplace
- Collaborative, creative, and innovative teams
- Dedicated, accessible, and generous coworkers and leadership team
- Equitable opportunities for professional development and advancement
Bellwether Housing is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity, including the diversity of thought and experience. We are committed to building an open and inclusive culture for all employees. We consider all applicants without regard to education, race, ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, skills, and level of experience. We strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.