As a RIEBES AUTO PARTS Counterperson, you are looked at as the face of the retail store and the go to person as soon as our customers enter our retail stores for all of their automotive needs. You don't need to be able to tear and motor down and rebuild it (however, if you can, that's awesome) but we do need you to have a background and knowledge of automotive parts. A RIEBES AUTO PARTS Counterperson is a great opportunity whether you are looking to spend your career with us as a Parts Specialist, want to work full/part-time or you just want to get your foot in the door with us to explore other careers at some point We welcome you!
What you will be doing:
- Provide auto parts answers and solutions for our retail and wholesale customers in person at the counter/over the phone
- Use your parts knowledge to assist other RIEBES AUTO PARTS team members answer questions for customers
- Providing outstanding customer care and interactions with everyone who comes into our RIEBES AUTO PARTS Store!
- Bring customer focus and high energy to our fast-paced stores
- Welcome retail customers into our retail stores and engage to provide a positive consumer experience
- Use technology (computer), cash register, telephone, and paper catalog system
This is the right opportunity for you if you:
- Genuinely enjoy helping our retail and wholesale customers with their auto parts and service questions
- Have gained your parts experience by working the automotive industry or have gained your experience tinkering with/repairing cars & trucks through the year
- You are willing to learn all things automotive if you don't have the background in automotive parts.
- Want to join a team where you can learn and grow your career the opportunities are endless!
What you'll need:
- Minimum 18 years of age
- Able to be flexible with your schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays
- Valid Driver's License
- Ability to pass a background and drug test prior to hire
- Previous experience in a parts store or automotive industry or at least a willingness to learn all things auto parts.
- High School Diploma or GED. Technical or Trade school courses or degree. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Love fast paced retail environments
- Great listening skills and empathy for customers
And if you have this, even better (not a deal breaker if you don't):
- Background and/or passion for automotive industry, heavy equipment, farm industry, diesel, marine, or dealership.
- Experience in a parts store, auction, retail store, auto body/collision
- Knowledge of cataloging AND/OR inventory management systems, a plus
- Entirely customer-centric (external/internal)
- ASE Certifications
What's in it for you:
- Awesome people and brand
- Competitive Pay
- Outstanding health benefits and 401K
- Stable company with a family feel
- A Culture of promotion from within, using your creativity, finding solutions/fixes, and where no 2 days or career paths are the same!
- Great training, and ongoing development with support from multiple leaders/your team