We are looking for an IT Human Resources Business Analyst to join our team!
Headquartered in Hilliard Ohio, Advanced Drainage Systems, Inc (ADS) is the leading manufacturer of high performance thermoplastic corrugated pipe, providing a comprehensive suite of water management products and drainage solutions. Our innovative products and superior drainage solutions are used across a broad range of end markets and applications, including residential, non-residential, agriculture and infrastructure applications. We have established a leading position in many of these end markets by leveraging our national sales and distribution platform, overall product breadth and scale, and our manufacturing excellence. Founded in 1966, we operate a global network of 3,700 employees, 63 manufacturing plants and 31 distribution centers. In July, 2014 we became a public company traded on the NYSE. To enable our continued growth, we are looking to add top talent to our dynamic organization.
The IT HR Business Analyst has broad responsibility for the support and continual improvement of business processes and systems that impact the Human Resources (HR) organization. The BA will work closely with the business acting as the liaison for IT to manage and resolve system related issues that impact business operations. The HR BA has a customer service orientation and can relate highly complex technical issues to the business in simple non-technical terms. The HR BA is a process and system subject matter expert and ensures the successful delivery of initiatives through clear alignment of business requirements. The HR BA is responsible for ensuring high quality system delivery by facilitating a thoughtful quality control and testing process.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Partners with business functions to define, determine, analyze, document, and communicate the objectives, business requirements and priorities for information systems and solutions.
- Drives the effort to define, document and develop what constitutes business success for medium to large size initiatives within HR as needed.
- Works with application and technical experts on the solution design, implementation, support, maintenance, and enhancement of the information systems.
- Supports requirements management activities, as necessary, ensuring that the impact of change is well understood and approved by the appropriate stakeholders within the organization.
- The ability to understand requirements and trace them back to business goals/objectives. The ability to identify the relationships and interdependencies between requirements. The ability to prioritize requirements based on their relative value, risk, difficulty of implementation, urgency, likelihood of success, regulatory compliance, or other factors.
- Create and review test plans and testing methodology to mitigate risks.
- Actively participates in testing the solution to ensure the solution meets functional and non-functional requirements within the organization.
- Creates relationships with new acquaintances quickly and confidently; works to build trust and partner with stakeholders; successfully manages both internal and external relationships.
- Provide daily production support as issues arise; conducts problem analysis as needed. Acts as a point of escalation for moderate to difficult problems.
- Implement processes and procedures to reduce defects and ensure maximum system uptime and stability. Identify and support deploying permanent fixes that prevent future re-occurrences in a quick and effective manner.
- Facilitate individual or group dialogue to achieve common goal or solve challenging issue; probe for issues/concerns and drive to consensus.
- Understands and works in line with the organization's mission, operations, structure, and goals; understands informal structures and processes of the organization; understands organization-level implications of his or her day-to-day decisions.
- Create simple reports based upon user request.
- Document functional and technical business processes.
This position should possess the following skills/knowledge:
- Strong relationship management and intrapersonal communication skills
- Functional knowledge in Oracle Human Capital Management and related systems
- Strong functional understanding of supported business systems
- Results orientation and self-motivated
- Willingness to drive and embrace change.
- Ability to present ideas in a business-friendly and user-friendly language. Cultivate strong business partner confidence.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate with others.
- Customer Service Orientation
- Drive for intellectual curiosity.
- Excellent time-management skills
- Bachelor's degree in information technology, computer science, Human Resource Management, or equivalent
- Certified IT Business Analyst (PMI-PBA or equivalent)
- 2+ years of Business Analyst experience with HR
- Knowledge and experience with Oracle HCM software and processes
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems
- Experience with Learning Management Systems a plus
- Experience with Financial systems a plus
- Experience with Visio a plus
- Understanding of SQL a plus
- Experience with IT Frameworks (ITIL)
- Experience with ADP a plus