A. Serve as the client's agent, consultant, advisor, and authorized representative through all phases of design and construction-related aspects of data center projects, as specified by Client
B. Work with Client's stakeholder groups and third-party consultants, design consultants, construction management firms, and construction contractors to administer the design and/or construction contracts on behalf of Client.
C. Coordinate, clarify, and track design packages with Client and Client's third-party contractors.
D. Manage and coordinate design efforts for bundle domestic and international projects.
E. Manage escalation of design issues to resolution.
F. Support contract negotiation with Client's third-party contractors, typically in concert with Client's project manager (PM) and legal counsel.
G. Coordinate and produce the following Deliverables for each data center design/construction project:
a. Develop and execute design contracts and amendments for:
i. Site development (including pad, utilities, and deep foundations scope
ii. Data center (DC) design
iii. Construction administration (CA")
iv. Peer review of DC design
v. Any additional scope that arises including changes or studies
b. Design project plan for each data center design/construction project prior to design kickoff. Contractor will ensure the project plan includes the following:
i. Internal kickoff deck
ii. Baseline scope
iii. Baseline design schedule
iv. Baseline budget
v. Risk log
vi. Team roster
vii. Project folders
viii. Meeting and communication plan
ix. A change management plan
x. Lessons learned from previous building designs
xi. Owner design changes to canonical design engineering bulletins (EBs)
c. Manage and update the following through design completion:
i. Design schedule
ii. Design budget
iii. Design risk log
d. Ensure the following design trackers and updates are delivered at each design deliverable milestone. Contractor will deliver final versions of these documents upon design completion:
- Complete and maintain design review checklist
- Complete and maintain design comments tracker
- Complete and maintain design decision tracker
1.Conduct constructability review (CR) and value engineering report at each CR milestone
- Provide updates to the site change control log with design information
- Provide updates to the site risk log with design information
e. Complete the following reports and ensure delivery of documents
i. During data center design:
- Monthly design report
- Publish weekly design meeting minutes
ii. During CA / Services During Construction (SDC):
- Monthly CA/SDC report
- Manage Client's third-party contractor to produce regular updates to the as built design model/ record model based on the redlines of Client's third-party general contractor
- Maintain building configuration bug in order to keep track of design tasks and updates throughout the design/construction process
H. Provide and gather cost estimates working with stakeholders and Client's third-party contractors for scope gaps and changes.
I. Coordinate value engineering efforts.
J. Coordinate constructability reviews of the project documents.
K. Ensure design QA/QC is being performed, and report issues and gaps to Client.
L. Oversee invoice/payment application processing, tracking, and reporting.
M. Negotiate, resolve, and close any outstanding change orders, quality issues, or disputes.
N. Assist Client in scheduling, coordination, and management of Client's third-party contractors and consultants for data center projects
O. Support program travel to team meetings and general management support.
Preferred Education: Bachelor of Science in one of the following:
- Business Administration
- Construction Management
- Construction Project Management
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Must have design experience. Controls and construction background a plus
- Technical Project Management or Coordination
- Mission critical or Industrial facilities upgrades and retrofits project management
- Standard business applications and tools
- Client Docs, Sheets, Slides, Drive, Drawings, Hangouts, etc.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Scheduling application: Primavera P6, P3 is an advantage