Allied Public Risk, LLC, an exclusive underwriting manager of customized products for public entities, seeks an Underwriting Director to join its public entity underwriting team.
Allied Public Risk offers competitive compensation and benefits and the opportunity to join an established organization in growth mode. Benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance with no waiting period, paid time-off in year of hire, 401(k) with generous employer match.
The Underwriting Director is responsible for the production, underwriting and retention of profitable SIR and pool business on a national basis.
- Responsible for producing, underwriting and retaining profitable SIR business and meeting or exceeding annual production and profitability targets.
- Participate in new business development in accordance with the SIR business plan.
- Achieving a 10% new business hit ratio and a 90% retention ratio on all SIR accounts.
- Establish, maintain and enhance relationships with all SIR production sources to ensure client retention and foster strategic alliances.
- Providing technical training to new underwriting team members to ensure that all risks conform to APR Underwriting Guidelines and AWAC file documentation requirements.
- Participate in enhancing the APR profile in the Public Entity market segment. This includes and is not limited to; setting and participating in broker marketing calls, attending conventions and providing content for APR constant contact campaign.
- Identify opportunities for product expansion / enhancement to ensure account acquisition and retention and on-going vitality / competitiveness of the product.
- Meet performance standards to ensure that all SIR policies to be issued within 30 days of binding.
- Become a subject matter expert regarding SIR risks, SIR coverage and emerging issues in the public entity segment.
- Manage established travel and expense budget.
- College Graduate
- CPCU or ARM designation preferred
- 5 years in Insurance business preferably in Public Entity segment
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong communication skills written and oral
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to negotiate and close new business opportunities
- Ability to effectively work with all team members
- Be deadline driven
The position will require periodic extensive work hours. Must be available during peak business periods (April 1 through July 15 and October 1 through December 15).
The job will also require availability during core hours (9 AM to 4 PM local time).
Business travel will be required in order to effectively fulfill job description core elements but should not average more than 15% to 25%.