See all jobs in Chesapeake VA
Job Location: Chesapeake, VA
Location: Chesapeake | VA | 23323 | USA
Schedule: Full Time
Carter Machinery Company, the authorized Caterpillar dealer serving Virginia, West Virginia, Maryland, Delaware and Washington D.C. is hiring a Marine Field Technician in Chesapeake, Virginia. The Marine Field Technician is responsible for diagnosing problems and performing standard mechanical repairs and complete overhauls on marine engines and propulsion systems. These repairs may require working hours in addition to the normal work schedule for emergency calls or routine service as required. Flexibility and in-depth product knowledge are necessary for this position. Seeking candidates with previous experience on engine control systems preferred. Prefer a minimum of two years' experience on engine repairs and diagnostics; two years of Mechanic Technician B experience or equivalent. Military equipment experience a plus.
We are currently offering a $2,000 sign-on bonus for Marine Field Technician new hires. $1,000 is payable after 90-days of employment, and the remaining $1,000 is payable after 180 days of employment.
Requirements for the hiring Marine Field Technician position include:
- Self-starter able to work with limited supervision.
- Strong mechanical background and troubleshooting skills required; able to diagnose, adjust and repair malfunctions.
- Candidates should possess an excellent driving record
- Excellent customer satisfaction skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment required.
- Proficient in the use of a computer, Microsoft Office products and service software required in position; able to complete service reports and provide pertinent details for work orders.
- Able to work overtime as required by job and customer demand.
- Able to travel/work out of town as needed.
Physical requirements must be met for the Marine Field Technician job, including the ability to lift, carry and maneuver items up to 70 pounds, including bulky objects. This position requires repeated reaching, standing, stooping, kneeling, bending and climbing beside, onto and under a variety of equipment. Must be able to work outside in inclement weather conditions, including extreme heat, cold, dampness and humidity.This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Additional duties may be assigned.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits:
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- 401(k), $0.75 to $1.25 match up to 6%.
- Life and disability insurance.
- In-house training instructors/programs.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Employee referral program.
- Discounts: cellular phone service, computers, tooling, cars and trucks.
Carter Machinery Co. Inc. is an EEO/AA Employer. All qualified individuals - including minorities, females, veterans, and individuals with disabilities, or any other characteristic protected by law - are encouraged to apply.
Carter Machinery is a drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)