Human Resources Compliance Manager Job Description
Epic Home Care, Inc. d/b/a Home Instead
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for department management over CAREGiverSM recruiting, hiring and training.
- Reflect the core values of Epic Home Care, Inc. (d.b.a. an independently owned and operated Home Instead franchise).
- Develop and manage the annual franchise Human Resources operational plan and budget.
- Achieve the annual operational plans strategic and operational goals by the stated milestones.
- Provide leadership and management of the HR Department; focusing on operational efficiency and Key Player performance related to CAREGiver recruitment and engagement.
- Manage outcomes of HR department activities (increase retention, reduce overtime, maintain compliance with all standards).
- Focus on Key Player engagement strategies to ensure their retention and satisfaction.
- Complete a quarterly scheduled audit (or more if necessary) of HR processes to ensure compliance with all governing bodies; including Home Instead Standards and any state specific requirements.
- Demonstrate open and effective communication with the franchise owner, direct reports, colleagues, CAREGivers, clients and family members.
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes and ensure that they are implemented and communicated to all employees.
- Develop and manage critical numbers of the business (see Key Performance Indicator/Operations scorecard) and report them each (x period of time) to the Home Instead franchise owner.
- Lead bi-weekly accountability meetings with each Key Player in HR; focusing on their growth and development.
- College degree preferred. Relevant work experience preferred
- Four to ten years of related business experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered
- Must possess a valid drivers license
- This position will be responsible for overseeing all of the functions performed by the Human Resources department. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance, coaching employees performance; problem resolution and seeking positive outcomes
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have an understanding of and uphold the policies and procedures established by Epic Home Care, Inc. (d.b.a. an independently owned and operated Home Instead franchise)
- Must demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to listen effectively
- Must have the ability to work independently, maintain confidentiality of information and meet deadlines
- Must have the ability to demonstrate effective interpersonal skills is essential as well as sound judgment and good decision-making
- Must demonstrate discretion, integrity and fair-mindedness consistent with company standards, practices, policies and procedures
- Must have the ability to organize and prioritize daily, monthly, quarterly and yearly work
- Must have the ability to establish good working relationships with office colleagues, the franchise owner, clients and the community
- Must have the ability to present a professional appearance and demeanor
- Must have the ability to operate office equipment
- Must have the ability to operate HISC technology
- Must have computer skills and be proficient in Word and Excel
- Must be able to work evenings or weekends as required
- Must have knowledge of the senior-care industry
- Must have the ability to sit at a desk and listen effectively for long periods of time on the telephone
- Must be patient and congenial on the telephone
- Must be able to perform duties in a professional office setting
- Must be able to recruit high quality candidates