This position is responsible for developing electronic courses to deliver information to employees in an engaging, efficient, and effective manner. This includes: working with subject matter experts and the Service Training team to identify content suitable for inclusion in electronic courses; designing course components, flow, and assessments; to support learning; developing, managing, and maintaining written documentation of procedures to further support content delivered through online courses; and development and maintenance of the content on the LMS and Knowledge Base. This role works closely with Service Training Team delivering instruction in the classroom to develop and design electronic training courses and deliver them through a learning management system.
Pay range for this hourly position is $21.03 - $31.55 with a progressive benefit package.
Performs essential duties and responsibilities in the following areas which may include, but are not limited to those listed, and are subject to change:
Adheres to the Credit Union's core values and Service Standards in carrying out GreenState's mission and vision.
Demonstrates a positive member service (internal and external) focus at all times, greeting members and guests with a smile and eye contact immediately upon their arrival, using their name or acknowledging them, and thanking them for their business.
Demonstrates teamwork in all interactions with coworkers and in the completion of all duties and responsibilities.
Ensures confidentiality of member information.
Plays a vital role in enriching the community by participating in community service organizations and/or Credit Union sponsored events, on an annual basis.
Meets with subject matter experts and the Service Training team to identify content that is best delivered through an electronic courses and e-learning platforms.
Identifies critical course objectives.
Works as content liaison for change management for credit union organizing change information into consumable article and or LMS material
Packages course content for media design electronic course content and flow.
Assists in developing engaging electronic courses by creating graphics and animations to reinforce critical concepts, enhance transfer of knowledge, and aid knowledge retention.
Verifies that finished courses meet the objectives specified by subject matter experts.
Acts as an administrator for the Learning Management System to deliver completed course content and assign learning plans as directed by the Services Training Manager.
Refreshes and updates content to keep employees engaged both through LMS and Knowledge Base.
Works with Knowledge Base Associates to help administer and maintain a written policy and procedures manuals. Assist with the creation of written procedures when none exist.
Maintains document tags and metadata to optimize search functionality.
Assists with the creation of written training documents, learning aids, handouts, and PowerPoints for use in instructor-led training sessions.
Identifies, promotes, and evaluates innovative ideas for delivery of electronic content using all systems and software available.
Seeks out opportunities to create efficiencies in the delivery of content to employees.
Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum one year of experience in a training, graphic design, or a closely related field required.
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED); a four year degree is strongly preferred
- Experience with Articulate Storyline and Photoshop preferred.
- Experience with graphic design and website layout and design preferred.
- Experience with or knowledge of marketing theory or strategies desirable.
- Proficiency with a wide variety of graphics, audio, and animation software.
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent visual layout and design skills.
- High scanning accuracy with extreme attention to detail.
- High quality standards with a focus on quality over quantity.
- Resourceful and well organized with the ability to execute multiple projects concurrently within required timelines.
- Resourceful in finding additional resources to assist with content development.
- Thorough understanding of creative commons licensing, attribution rules, and copyright law.
- Stays current with emerging electronic training design and adult learning theory.
- Self-directed nature, ability to work independent of supervision with responsibility for direction, control, or planning of new projects.
- Creative and adaptable with good problem solving skills.
- Reports to work punctually, works all scheduled hours, and works overtime as necessitated by business demand.
- Must be bondable.