City Fitness is looking for a highly motivated and skilled individual to provide hands-on service to maintain the cleanliness and overall appearance of a single location. This position is highly regarded within the organization as this role is critical to maintaining the Company's exceptional cleanliness standards. This individual must possess keen eye for detail and diligence and take pride in the work they produce. The proper execution of daily tasks requires self-sufficient individuals, who work efficiently in the absence of direct supervision, and excel in both independently and in a team dynamic. City Fitness proudly offers competitive pay based on experience and certified qualifications. Other employment benefits include:
- Complimentary gym membership
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Short-term Disability Insurance
- Enhanced Paid-Time Off
- Employee discounts and community partnership perks
- Advanced planning/organizational skills - prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives.
- Working knowledge of chemicals, common appliances, and other cleaning agents
- Demonstrates extreme attention to detail and quality control
- Advanced problem-solving skills - identifies and resolves problems time efficiently; gathers and analyzes information; develops solutions; uses reason.
- Utmost ethical conduct
- Ability to take initiative- is proactive and self-sufficient
- Adapts well to change and inconsistency in the workplace
- Demonstrates a willingness to maintaining personal integrity and one's own health and wellness
Required Education and Experience
- Must be 18 years or older
- High School, GED, or Trade School Equivalency
- Prior experience in a custodian, janitor or similar role
- Basic knowledge of industrial cleaning product, equipment and appliances
- Basic knowledge of safe disposal of chemical liquids and other hazardous components
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Reliable transportation- preferred
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This roll supports both Full-Time and Part-Time positions. Available shifts include early morning, mid-day, evening, and weekend hours. All schedules require a physical on-site presence, as very little to no function of this position may be completed remotely.
- Full-Time positions require a minimum commitment of 40 scheduled hours per workweek.
- Part-Time positions require of a minimum commitment of 8 hours per workweek and a maximum of 20 hours per workweek.
Shifts are fixed and therefore any modifications to the schedule require advanced written approval from the VP of the department.
While much of this position requires hands-on service, Full-Time roles may require a minimum of 3 hours of administrative work per workweek.
This position requires a moderate amount of travel. Cleaning Advisors will be expected to travel between locations as the job duties and other training obligation demand.
While this position does not serve in a supervisory role, this individual must be self-sufficient and work independently in the absence of direct supervision. The Cleaning Advisor must possess the ability to uphold and effectively communicate policies, procedures, and/or guidelines as they relate to the cleanliness, general maintenance and/or overall upkeep of the equipment or facility.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position is very active and requires a considerable amount physical mobility throughout the day. This position requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing throughout the day. This individual must be able to lift and/or move items over 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. Other physical abilities include:
- Occasionally required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Occasionally required to reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally required to talk or hear.
- Occasionally required to bend, lift or climb (up to 50 feet)
- Occasionally required to lift light weights (less than 25 pounds).
- Occasionally required to lift moderate weights (25-50 pounds).
- Occasionally required to lift heavy weights (50 pounds or greater).
- Finger dexterity required.
- Hand coordination required.
While performing the duties of this job this individual may occasionally encounter the following conditions:
- Exposure to adverse conditions.
- Exposure to extreme heat.
- Exposure to extreme cold.
- Exposure to wet and/or humid conditions.
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts.
- Exposure to high, precarious places.
- Exposure to fumes or airborne particles.
- Exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals.
- Exposure to outside weather conditions.
- Possible risk of electrical shock
- Possible risk of radiation and vibration.
- Protective clothing or equipment may be required including gloves, helmets, steel-toed boots, protective eyewear. (As projects call for)
- Varying noise levels
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
This position does not require additional pre-screening as a condition of hire. This role does however require reoccurring department training (specific to safety and other industry updates) as a condition of continued employment.