The best candidates will have most of the below qualifications. We are willing to train you if you do not have all of the below skills, but must have a SECRET Security clearance and preference will be given to SMART-T Operators or Maintainers. Help Desk experience and/or former military service as a SATCOM operator or maintainer is a PLUS! Must have active Secret Clearance or higher.
- Skilled in Satellite Communications (SATCOM) fundamentals, earth station equipment, and associated terrestrial systems.
- Experienced in the implementation and delivery of DISN services (VoIP, VoSIP, VTC, JWICS, NIPR, SIPR) through SATCOM Gateways.
- Advanced IP/Networking experience including routers and switches, subnets, routing protocols (OSPF, BGP, RIP), VLANs, ACLs, and multicasting.
- Expert knowledge of voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) gateways, call managers, performance enhancing proxies (PEP), and telephony systems.
- Knowledge of implementing hybrid networks---terrestrial, satellite and fiber.
- Ability to manage IP over SATCOM networks using MDR/XDR, iDirect, Linkway, LinkStar, or equivalent MF-TDMA hubs.
- Knowledge of RF theory, characteristics, advantages, and disadvantages associated with the myriad SATCOM bands (L, C, X, Ku, and Ka).
- Familiarity with the operation and maintenance of tactical and strategic MILSATCOM terminals.
- Familiarity with the operation and maintenance of MILSATCOM earth terminal equipment (up/down converters, modems, high power amplifiers).
- Familiarity with the operation and maintenance of MILSATCOM baseband equipment (EBEM, Promina, MIDAS, Convergence routers, IA Tools.).
- Familiarity with the operation of MILSATCOM encryption devices (KG-250, KG-250x, KIV-7HS, KIV-7M, KG-94, KG-175).
- Knowledge of information technology and knowledge and experience with commercial and tactical military satellite technology architectures, standards, system, hardware and software.
- Knowledge and experience in provision and service of IP-based satellite and terrestrial data and video for full-time and occasional use networks.
- Familiarity with the seven layers of the OSI Model, IPv6, and interest and skill in adapting emerging platforms and new technologies.
- Knowledge of DoD Communications Security (COMSEC) procedures.
- Familiarity with DoD trouble ticketing systems (GTMS/Remedy), troubleshooting methodologies, and service desk operations.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite software and advanced Windows Operating System experience.
- Firewall management experience.
-SMART-T or tactical terminal experience