Job Summary: Floor techs, also known as floor technicians, are responsible for cleaning, maintaining, and repairing carpeted and hard flooring surfaces, offices, and other buildings hire floor techs to scrub, polish, and wax flooring of all types during full- and part-time work shifts. it will be essential that the officer supports and integrates Sizemores core values of Flexibility, Improvement, Reliability, Safety and Teamwork into the daily performance of assigned responsibilities
- Cleaning offices, hallways, common areas, and other areas.
- Moving furniture before and after cleaning.
- Cleaning, dusting, mopping, stripping, and waxing floors.
- Measuring chemicals correctly.
- Operating chemical dispensing units.
- Labeling chemicals correctly.
- Cleaning, maintaining, and storing equipment and PPE proficiently.
- Keeping an inventory of floor areas, and scheduling cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Reporting maintenance issues to supervisor.
- Assisting with the hazardous waste collection as requested by the supervisor.
- Able to lift/carry supplies in/out of assigned accounts. Some basic computer skills and able to communicate well with clients and co-workers. Must maintain a professional role when in accounts with both clients and coworkers
Conditions of Employment:
Sizemore provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Continued employment is dependent upon:
- Ability to pass legal required training and testing.
- Ability to pass a criminal background, a clean MVR check, and employment verification.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment and random employment drug screens.
The duties and responsibilities listed herein are not necessarily all inclusive and others may be assigned.