Actively seeking energetic individuals willing to join Sizemore, Inc. and deliver exceptional professional services to its customers. Sizemore offers a comprehensive benefit package to eligible employees including paid time off, health, dental, vision and life insurance programs and a 401(k)-retirement plan. More importantly, you are joining the Sizemore family where we strive to treat everyone as a member of the family.
Unarmed Security Officer will be responsible to maintain overall security of assigned facility by enforcing access control; observing, correcting and reporting violations of applicable rules and regulations. It will be essential that the officer supports and integrates Sizemores core values of Flexibility, Improvement, Reliability, Safety and Teamwork into the daily performance of assigned responsibilities.
Sizemore, Inc. is a third-generation family business that has primarily serviced the Southeast United States since 1955 by providing security, janitorial and staffing services to a diverse group of clients. Sizemore is currently on an exponential growth path with significant growth in the Southeast but is beginning to form a National presence in the United States.
- Maintains safe and secure environment for customers and employees by patrolling and monitoring premises and personnel.
- Documents security activity with Daily Activity Report (DAR) and completes incident reports as required.
- Controls vehicle and personnel access in accordance with established procedures.
- Responds to emergency situations in accordance with established procedures.
- Operates specialized equipment as needed (i.e. Closed-Circuit Television Systems, vehicle scales, computer systems, etc.)
- Prevent losses and damage by reporting irregularities, informing violators of policy and procedures.
- Drive a culture of constant improvement, identifying and implementing projects to increase business-wide effectiveness and efficiency.
- Help to enforce Sizemores and clients policies and procedures as needed.
- Other tasks may be assigned as required.
- Demonstrate a commitment to service and professionalism through appropriate conduct and demeanor. Possess patience, tact, enthusiasm as well as diplomacy when dealing with any person no matter the circumstances.
- Possess initiative and sound judgement in evaluating a reacting to situations.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure in potential stressful and time sensitive situations.
- Possess good problem-solving skills with high attention to detail, including the ability to prioritize.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, read/comprehend detailed instructions and process information with accuracy and clarity.
- Communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and written.
- Previous experience in security, military or law enforcement is desirable.
- Have no convictions for any felony offenses or misdemeanor convictions for any crimes of moral turpitude.
- Must be of legal age (18 or 21) depending on position and legal requirements.
- Must be of good health including normal range of hearing and eyesight.
- Proficient with MS Office programs, preferred but not required.
- High school graduate or recipient of GED
- Possess a valid state drivers license and dependable transportation.
- Shiftwork 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, including holidays.
- May be required to work overtime.
- Work may be inside or outside in various weather conditions.
- Extensive walking or standing for extended periods of time.
- May encounter threatening situations including exposure to bloodborne pathogens.
- Standard uniforms provided.
Conditions of Employment:
Sizemore provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Continued employment is dependent upon:
- Ability to pass legal required training and testing.
- Ability to pass a criminal background, a clean MVR check, and employment verification.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment and random employment drug screens.
The duties and responsibilities listed herein are not necessarily all inclusive and others may be assigned.
10pm - 6am