See all jobs in New York NY
Job Location: New York, NY
Canon Solutions America, Inc.
Requisition ID: 25130
Category: Corporate Communications
Position Type: Full-Time
Responsible for managing the Business Controlling department and activities in the areas of Budget, P&L management, Financial Reporting, Compensation, Strategic Planning and Analysis, Operations Support, Marketing Program Claims. Manages P&Ls and related activities for >400 cost centers. Advises Senior and Executive Management on business standings to targets, and on actions that can or will impact these results. Ensures goals and deadlines are met. Partner with various business functions and all levels in Canon Solutions America and Canon USA to further both Business group and Company goals.
- Prepares Original Budget, Operating Budget, Review Budgets, and Closing Forecasts for approval by Senior Management. Budgets include detail for four business units (GSD-Global Services Division, EMSD- Enterprise Managed Services Division, ARC Document Solutions, GMS Shared Services) and are calculated at every level from business unit to individual cost center.
- Reviews budgets and business status with BU and Department Heads. Ensure monthly variances are investigated and communicated. Provide recommendations to control expenses.
- Manages manual processes to bridge system orders with final P&L coding requirements, and correct mapping, impacting revenue, cost, program credits, etc.
- Coordinates/reviews interdepartmental and intercompany expense transfers, and once approved provide to Accounting to process.
- Prepares journal entries and account reconciliation in partnership with Accounting.
- Partners with Accounting to ensure accuracy on a variety of reports, concerns, and new processes.
- Approves check requests and EAFs as first line reviewer for BU prior to executive review.
- Initiates pre-paid, revenue reduction and other special transactions with Accounting in conjunction with invoice and check request submissions.
- Calculates and submits quarterly variable compensation for EMSD Operations Managers, Operations Directors, Business Development Directors, Senior Directors and other plans as determined.
- Advises on financial and administrative impacts of compensation plan element changes, terminology and non-routine adjustments.
- Develops KPIs, data warehouse, and dashboard (current platform- PowerBI) to track and analyze data surrounding these KPIs for current business management and both near and long-term strategic planning.
- Ensures Business Units receive all CUSA program dollars and other support (CSMP, off/auto invoice, trade in, toner support) due them via creation and maintenance of monthly claim process and ongoing audits. Includes understanding of special agreements made with legacy GSD business that differ from EMSD business and their impact on standard CSMP transfers.
- Supports Operations and Executive teams with P&L management and other finance related questions, transaction corrections.
Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent experience required, plus 7 years of related experience and management of typically two or more regular full-time employees (one of whom must be exempt).
- Master's Degree preferred. Finance related degree or equivalent business experience preferred. Years of related/company experience will be accepted in lieu of degree.
- Prior management experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills required.
- High level Microsoft Excel proficiency required.
- Microsoft Power Point and Word competency desired.
- Occasional meeting travel may be required (valid driver's license and acceptable driving record necessary).
- May require extended hours during month end close/ year end close/ budget preparation.
About our Company - Canon Solutions America, Inc. empowers companies of all sizes to succeed by supplying market leading enterprise, production, and large format printing solutions, supported by exceptional professional service offerings. With unwavering dedication to promote professional innovation, Canon Solutions America, Inc. helps drive sustainability, nurture efficiency, and regulate costs through the unification of comprehensive digital and traditional printing and document management solutions. As a wholly owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A., Canon Solutions America, Inc. is headquartered in Melville, NY and has sales and service locations across the U.S. Our parent company, Canon Inc. (NYSE: CAJ), which earned approximately $30.4 billion in global revenue in 2020, ranks third overall in U.S. patents granted in 2020 and was named one of Fortune Magazine's World's Most Admired Companies in 2020.
Canon Solutions America offers a competitive compensation package including medical, dental, vision, 401(k) Savings Plan, discretionary profit sharing, discretionary success sharing, educational assistance, recognition programs, vacation, and much more. A more comprehensive list of what we have to offer is available at https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/about/careers/benefits-compensation/
We are an EEO/AA employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
If you are not reviewing this job posting on our Careers' site csa.canon.com/careers, we cannot guarantee the validity of this posting. For a list of our current postings, please visit us at csa.canon.com/careers.