See all jobs in Arlington VA
Job Location: Arlington, VA
Location: Arlington, Virginia
Categories: Engineering and IT
Req ID: 4963
Stand Together is hiring an experienced manager to lead our Product Management team. We're looking for someone who has led a team of product owners/managers or similar roles within an internal IT organization. In this role you'll have direct impact on how we build and scale solutions to support the Stand Together community.
If you are a highly motivated, outcomes- focused individual who understands the role of a supervisor is really to unleash the potential in your team and help them to join our community. As a Senior Technical Product Manager, you will mentor and manage a small team of product owners and managers who drive key product development efforts within Stand Together. You will be responsible for defining and driving our product strategy. You'll work directly with business stakeholders across multiple departments, other internal product and project managers, and software developers to deliver high-value business solutions in a fast-paced Agile environment. This is an important, unique product management role working on a mix of custom development and SaaS products within an internal IT organization, developing solutions that directly interact and impact strategic business lines across the Stand Together community.
Your Responsibilities Include
- Lead a team of product owners and managers and coordinate cross-functional teams
- Improve internal processes to increase product operational efficiency, transparency, and end results
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders, and other teams to shape requirements, features, and end products
- Identify new opportunities to advance Stand Together's goal, positioning the organization to scale and meet new challenges
- Collaborate with product, project, and software teams to create product plans and roadmaps to meet organizational needs
- Produce and review product requirements documents
- Ensure products and releases are launched correctly and on schedule with appropriate change management
- Partner with business stakeholders and customers across the organization to inform the product vision, strategy, features, and prioritization
- Communicate technical product development information to non-technical audience effectively so stakeholders have the information they need to make sound business decisions
- Ensure product roadmaps tier up to business strategies or goals, advancing the vision of leveraging data that improves decision making
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- 7+ years of experience in a product management role including ownership of at least one product portfolio
- 2+ years of experience as a supervisor leading teams, preferably in the product management space
- 2+ years of experience with Agile or similar methodologies
- Experience as part of an internal IT organization working with product, software, infrastructure, and business teams in a cross functional way
- Understanding business objectives, system requirements, and documenting/articulating requirements to cross functional stakeholders
- Strong presentation, communication (written and verbal), and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to quickly build trust with new clients by understanding their business needs and technologies to support them
Stand Together helps social entrepreneurs supercharge their efforts to help people improve their lives. We connect them with passionate partners and the resources necessary to make a greater difference.
Through our philanthropic community, we tackle some of the nation's biggest challenges so that every person has the opportunity to realize their extraordinary potential.
Stand Together partners with people from diverse perspectives and backgrounds-including people in education, business, community non-profits, and public policy-to accomplish more together than any of us could on our own.
Working at Stand Together is different from many other organizations. We have a relentless commitment to a culture based on a business philosophy called Market Based Management (MBM ). Informed by the principles that allow a free and open society to flourish, MBM prepares individuals to innovate, improve, and transform while fostering a healthy, growing organization that creates long-term value for its clients and supporters and fulfillment for its employees.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees and applicants with honesty, dignity, respect and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of color,race, religion, religious creed, sex, gender or gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (including medical needs which may arise from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), military and veteran status, genetic information, marital or familial status, political affiliation, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.