See all jobs in Harrisburg PA
Job Location: Harrisburg, PA
Location: Pennsylvania, United States
Categories: Grassroots and Community Organizing
Req ID: 4772
Are you frustrated that government at all levels cannot seem to get anything done and want to make a difference? Do you believe that veterans and military families have the skills and experience to improve their communities? Are you connected to the veteran community and the veteran experience? If you answered \"yes\" then you are ready to lead and can inspire people to improve your community, state, and country. Apply today to be Concerned Veterans for America's (CVA) Pennsylvania Coalitions Director!
The Coalitions Director will work with state leadership and with military and veteran organizations throughout the state to partner and develop strategies that promote a free and open society. You will advance transformative policy that impacts veterans, active-duty military members, reservists, and their families. The mission is to grow CVA membership across the state in partnership with Americans for Prosperity (AFP).
With a twenty-member congressional delegation boasting multiple members serving on Foreign Affairs and Veterans Affairs and with over 750,000 veterans, active duty and reservists, the need to scale the voice of Pennsylvanians in the conversations around Veterans Affairs and Department of Defense policy is essential. Here is your chance to continue your service that you learned to love, in and around the U.S. military.
Your Responsibilities Include
- You will identify, recruit, and meet with allied groups throughout the state to discuss, build, and execute strategies to advocate for public policy changes that advance our Vision
- You will serve as spokesperson for CVA within Pennsylvania
- In collaboration with CVA Foundation and state chapter staff, you will develop and execute public policy educational events with coalition partners to support community building and grassroots organizing efforts
- You will organize and participate in direct lobbying/testifying at the legislature
- You will partner with state chapter leadership to build and manage relationships in the legislature (Veterans Affairs and Emergency Preparedness committees)
Knowledge and Skills You Bring to the Organization
- You have knowledge of state and federal public policy landscapes
- You can think of new ways to achieve our goals towards better public policy and develop the detailed plans to get us there
- You have experience delivering outcomes through coalition building and/or grassroots organizing
- You have related experience forming strategic partnerships and executing strategies to advance goals
- You're able to build mutually beneficial relationships around a shared Vision
- You can communicate complex ideas to a variety of audiences
- You thrive in collaborative, fast-paced, and deadline-driven environments
- You're comfortable working remotely and in office environments
- You're able to travel for day and overnight trips in and out of state
- You have a valid driver's license
Standout Candidates May Also Bring
- You have experience in grassroots advocacy and/or community organizing
- You have experience in political campaigns
- You have veteran status
Read about some examples of the positive impact our grassroots staff have made in the lives of Americans across the country.
Americans for Prosperity is driving long-term solutions to the country's biggest problems through broad-based grassroots outreach. Our activists engage friends and neighbors on key issues and encourage them to take an active role in building a culture of mutual benefit. We have an on-the-ground infrastructure in 36 states that recruits and unites citizens behind a common goal of advancing policies that help people improve their lives.
Americans for Prosperity Foundation is dedicated to educating and training citizens to be courageous advocates for the ideas, principles, and policies in a society of mutual benefit--knowing that leads to the greatest prosperity and well-being for all. Our educational programs break barriers standing in the way of people realizing their potential. By eliminating these obstacles to opportunity, in areas like occupational licensing, free speech, K-12 education, and free trade, we are supporting and working to lift up the lives of individuals and local communities.
We believe that diversity in experiences, perspectives, knowledge and ideas fuels creativity, broadens knowledge, and helps drive success. That's why we're proud to be an equal opportunity employer and strive to treat all employees and applicants with honesty, dignity, respect and sensitivity. We welcome all qualified applicants regardless of color,race, religion, religious creed, sex, gender or gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ethnicity, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy (including medical needs which may arise from pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), military and veteran status, genetic information, marital or familial status, political affiliation, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. #PM19