Shipping & Receiving Clerk - Mighty Auto Parts
Job ID: 2021-1678
# of Openings: 1
Mighty Auto Parts - SFL
The Shipping/Receiving clerks key responsibility is distributing received shipments and preparing outbound shipments.
- Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment: Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Determines method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons.
- Assembles wooden or cardboard containers or selects preassembled containers.
- Inserts items into containers, using spacers, fillers, and protective padding.
- Stamps identifying information and shipping instructions onto crates or containers.
- Posts weights and shipping charges, and affixes postage.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Routes items to departments.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- May operate tier-lift truck or use hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping-and-receiving platform to storage or work area.
- May direct others in preparing outgoing and receiving incoming shipments.
- May receive damaged or defective goods returned to establishment.
- May receive unsold products returned by driver.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or minimum one year of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Flexibility to work various hours and weekends.
- Preferred - strong automotive knowledge.
- Preferred - Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers needs while following company procedures.
- Goal Oriented - Ability to focus on a goal and obtain a pre-determined result.
- Judgment - The ability to formulate a sound decision using the available information.
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems