Shipping/Receiving Clerk - Keys Auto Center
Job ID: 2021-1644
# of Openings: 1
Keys Auto Center
The Shipping/Receiving Clerks key responsibility is distributing received shipments and preparing outbound shipments. This position will also assist with the Parts department in selling parts to all customers through various means such as over the counter, through the service department or on the phone.
- Answers phone calls, providing price quotes and other information.
- Provides high level of service to internal and external customers.
- Pulls and fills orders from stock.
- Notifies parts manager of out-of-stock parts or shop materials that need immediate attention.
- Keeps front and rear counter areas clean and uncluttered.
- Participates in all training programs that are made available.
- Keeps current on new products and product updates.
- Verifies and keeps records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment.
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Determines method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates.
- Affixes shipping labels on packed cartons.
- Assembles wooden or cardboard containers or selects preassembled containers.
- Inserts items into containers, using spacers, fillers, and protective padding.
- Stamps identifying information and shipping instructions onto crates or containers.
- Posts weights and shipping charges, and affixes postage.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with shipper to rectify damages and shortages.
- Routes items to departments.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- May operate tier-lift truck or use hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping-and-receiving platform to storage or work area.
- May direct others in preparing outgoing and receiving incoming shipments.
- May receive damaged or defective goods returned to establishment.
- May receive unsold products returned by driver.
- Maintains professional appearance.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or minimum one year of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Flexibility to work various hours and weekends.
- Preferred strong automotive knowledge.
- Preferred Bilingual in English and Spanish.