Shop Foreman - Jaguar/Land Rover North Dade
Job ID: 2020-1579
# of Openings: 1
Category: Skilled Labor-Trades
The Shop Foreman functions as a supportive role to the Service Manager/Director and assists in all facets of the service department. Incumbent plays a key role directing the work activities of the service staff.
- Directs and assists subordinate service and support staff in all phases of their jobs. Conducts periodic checks on job statuses ensuring work is completed as per repair order.
- Knowledge of all tools and equipment required to diagnose, troubleshoot, repair and service vehicles.
- Ensure all Certified Pre Owned vehicle certifications are properly inspected and documented to meet or exceed audit criteria.
- Ensure technician cause, correction and mileage out are recorded properly on repair order by performing frequent inspections.
- Ensure proper usage of MPI and all other required software.
- Maintain a Fixed Right the First Time average equal to or above national average.
- Assist AASMs, TFMs or TAC line with any repairs or information required.
- Reports any circumstances that would compromise the department to the Service Manager/Director.
- Assists in the discipline and performance review of staff.
- Maintains the Recheck Log and various required reporting.
- Assume responsibility for any vehicle that has returned due to a failed repair attempt; which includes overseeing the repair and quality control check of the vehicle.
- Train and work with all technicians in the service repair center.
- Maintains the shop (up-to-date) on computer and diagnostic equipment updates and performs software upgrades. Keeps all shop equipment calibrated every 6 months.
- Monitors shop capacity and advises Service Manager/Director of constraints.
- Manages inventory and obtains competitive bids on tools, equipment and sublet repairs and supplies.
- Ensures that all required safety policies, practices and procedures, training and SOPs are followed by staff.
- Conducts quality control checks on completed jobs.
- Ensures proper vehicle protection equipment is utilized during maintenance or repairs, i.e.; fender covers and cloths.
- Manages technicians and is available for guidance.
- Ensures proper repair order flow to satisfy warranty, dealership and business office requirements.
- Ensures shop is neat, clean and organized at all times.
- Directly supervises Technician Apprentices, Technicians and Technician Team Leads within the Service department(s).
- Indirectly supervises employees within the Service department.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required.
- Minimum 3 years of Shop Foreman experience with Jaguar/Land Rover.
- Ability to maintain required State and County technical qualifications such as A.S.E. and/or County permits.
- Strong automotive knowledge.
- Outstanding leadership skills which focus on treating employees with respect.
- Strong management skills and time management skills.
- Strong quantitative skills.
- Valid Driver License and clean driving record.
- Comfortable with ambiguity in a dynamic, changing environment.
- Unwavering commitment to ethical business practices.
- Understands, keeps abreast of, and complies with federal, state and local regulations that affect service operations, such as hazardous waste disposal, OSHA & Right-To-Know, etc.