WHO WE ARE
Baldwin Richardson Foods, Co. is a global manufacturer of custom food and beverage ingredients and one of the largest African-American family-owned and-operated businesses in the food industry. The Company has strong supply relationships with some of the worlds largest Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG), Quick Service Restaurant (QSR) and Food Service customers. Iconic, global food brands entrust Baldwin Richardson Foods as their partner to deliver the highest quality products that exceed industry standards. The Company also manufactures and markets Mrs. Richardsons Ice Cream Toppings and Nances Mustards and Condiments. Baldwin Richardson Foods has manufacturing locations in Macedon, NY and Williamson, NY; Corporate Offices in Oakbrook Terrace, IL and Food Innovation Center Westmont, IL. This role is in our Macedon, NY facility.
WHAT WE NEED
BRFs Operations Performance Manager (OPM) (aka Business Performance Manager) is a hands-on role responsible for driving optimization of assigned production lines and ensuring manufacturing processes align to maintain high quality and efficient production. The role works cross-functionally with members of operations, maintenance and engineering and relies heavily on Lean Six-Sigma methodologies in problem solving and development of processes.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Enable growth of assigned product lines/categories by managing for operational and financial performance of assigned lines.
- Lead product line work groups consisting of supervisors, leads, operators, and technicians.
- Lead development and monitoring of all critical control points to ensure consistency and quality.
- Utilize continuous improvement tools to achieve KPI targets and close gaps in performance (root cause analysis, gap analysis, action tracking, zero-base analysis)
- Monitor production plans to maintain quality and accomplish current and future schedules.
- Ensure quality and safety standards are met.
- Conduct process mapping and value stream management to track, monitor, and communicate the hindrance and defects in the production process.
- Perform statistical analysis of production data produced from internal software systems.
- Assisting in Budget planning, forecasting, resources allocation, and scheduling process improvement projects.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL
- Fast-paced production line supervision and/or management of production processes is a must.
- Two to five (2-5) years of direct supervisory experience.
- One to two (1-2) years of lean management is preferred with a minimum of lean concepts knowledge.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business, Engineering or related discipline.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills and team orientation; technical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and change management skills.
- Ability to work cross-functionally between departments and divisions.
- Ability to deal with and manage conflict while building successful business relationships across a range of stakeholder groups, both internal and external, to the organization
- Ability to define, extract, evaluate, and utilize data for process improvement from applicable systems.
- Flexibility and availability to work rotating shifts, overtime, and weekends in emergencies.
- Due to SQF requirements, must be able to read, write and speak fluently in the English language.
- Willingness to relocate to Rochester, NY
Generous benefits package, including low premium and out-of-pocket medical/dental/vision costs, vacation, sick, 401k with matching, holiday, birthdays off, designated holidays and floating holidays.
Read more about who we are at www.brfoods.com or www.linkedin.com/company/baldwin-richardson-foods