- Ministry Development
- Create partnerships with likeminded individuals, organizations, and churches
- Communicate and educate partners of Joni and Friends available resources
- Guide collaborative programing between JAF and partnerships
- Form networks between partnerships
- Volunteer Recruitment and Training
- Provide opportunities for volunteers to serve within our partnerships and the local JAF office
- Recruit and develop wheelchair collection teams
- Equip volunteers through appropriate training programs
- Donor Development
- Assist in cultivating donors through relationship building and communication of JAF vision and mission
- Market the ministry to new donors and stakeholders, representing JAF with excellence
- Participate in local JAF programs
- Other departmental projects that may be assigned by the Supervisor/Other Leadership
- Other projects and assignments as necessary to support the overall strategic plan of Joni and Friends
- Must possess a vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ and agree with the Joni and Friends statement of faith
- Desire to serve in a growing and dynamic Christian service ministry
- 3+ years of recruiting, networking, sales, or other related experience required
- 2+ years experience serving in ministry/missions within diverse communities in a metro context
- A bachelors degree is preferred
- A background in intercultural studies, racial reconciliation, and/or diversity, equity and inclusion
- Must be able to travel and work evenings and weekends as needed; may involve long periods of sitting
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Highly relational and strategic in approach to networking and promoting the ministry programs and services to the local community, churches, and other organizations or government agencies
- Must be able to work effectively with JAF service departments to leverage partnerships for ministry success
- Must have good working knowledge of the role of the church, church operations and denominations. Must have the ability to work with and be sensitive to the variety of church doctrinal and cultural distinctives
- Must be a self-starter who is deliberate, assertive, relational, goal-oriented and a problem solver
- Strong general computer skills are necessary along with a competent, working knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Outlook, and the Internet
- Must be able to travel and work evenings and weekends as needed
Prior to applying for any position with Joni and Friends, all applicants must review our Statement of Faith and Mission Statement (below) and be in agreement with both.
As a ministry, Joni and Friends strives to exemplify Jesus Christ and bring Glory to God in all we say and do. To that end, employment at Joni and Friends is to be taken seriously as one who is not simply considering employment, but committing to the core mission of the organization to fulfill the biblical mandate of inclusion of those with disabilities into the full-life of the church. All employees of Joni and Friends participate in its ministry wide prayer life, leadership training and other general staff training that may take place from time to time.
Below outlines the vision, mission, values and pillars of Joni and Friends:
VISION: A world where every person with a disability finds hope, dignity, and their place in the body of Christ.
MISSION: To glorify God as we communicate the Gospel and mobilize the global church to evangelize, disciple and serve people living with disability.
BIBLICAL COMMISSION: Go out quickly in the streets and alleys of the town and bring in the poor, the crippled, the blind and the lamego out to the roads and country lanes and compel them to come in, so that my house will be full. Luke 14:21-23 (NIV)
- Honor God in everything we do.
- Build relationships based on trust and respect.
- Maintain integrity and excellence in programs and services.
- Practice responsible stewardship
FOUR PILLARS OF MINISTRY
- Lead Like Jesus*
- Excellence in area of expertise
- Best Christian Workplace
* Lead Like Jesus is a course of study provided to all employees and is based on the book written by Ken Blanchard and Phil Hodges of the same name. The Lead Like Jesus course is the model which governs our ministry culture and contributes significantly to Joni and Friends maintaining its certification as a Best Christian Workplace according to surveys by the Best Christian Workplace Institute (BCWI).
Powered by JazzHR