See all jobs in Philadelphia PA
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA
Region: North America
Philadelphia, PA // Coopersburg, PA
The Software Development team at Lutron is passionate about building highly scalable and robust world class systems that are reliable, responsive and secure while providing an exquisite user experience. It is important for our team to understand the how of architecture and design and understand object-oriented approaches, design patterns and architectural best practices. Lutron prides itself on keeping on top of emerging technology trends especially related to IoT, cloud and smart home technologies.
In the Lead Software Engineer role, you will help development teams realize your technical vision from conceptual design through deployment.
You will be responsible for:
- Grooming features in collaboration with product management, the team, and stakeholders.
- Synthesizing requirements to design and working hands-on with the team to lead the implementation of major cloud initiatives supporting our IoT systems, design tools and eCommerce system
- Designing and developing robust cloud software to power Lutron - ranging from our IoT systems to our design tools and eCommerce site
- Building cloud infrastructure leveraging AWS, Azure, Kubernetes, Golang and C#
- Driving software projects for large-scale cloud-based deployments
- Researching emerging technology trends and working with external consultants to improve the overall software offering at Lutron
What we are looking for:
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent discipline
- 8+ years of industry experience with 3+ years in a technical leadership role
- Solid Computer Science fundamentals including data structures and algorithm design and run-time analysis
- Experience with distributed cloud services and REST APIs
- Experience designing scalable, efficient cloud-base features
- Fundamental understanding of RDBMS and NoSQL databases, data modeling as well as complex query optimization
- Expertise with in at least one cloud platform (Azure, AWS, Google cloud)
Lutron is a human and technology-centered and people-driven company. We have a long history of significant growth and smart innovations.
- The industry is born: Our founder's first invention of an energy saving solid state dimmer and the resulting inception of Lutron in 1961 marked the birth of the lighting control industry.
- Control systems for every market: Lutron has control solutions targeting a wide variety of light, shade, and temperature applications for a single room all the way up to a multi-building campus. Our distinguished installations include The White House, the homes of numerous celebrities, The Empire State Building, 49ers Stadium, LEGOLAND theme park (Gnzburg), NASA Headquarters, and multiple others.
- Smart connected systems and IoT: Lutron has been at the forefront of innovating products for smart homes and connected buildings for more than 20 years and is now providing leadership in the human centered IoT ecosystem. Our strategic alliances include integration with Apple HomeKit, Amazon Echo, Sonos, Nest, IFTTT, and multiple others.
- Foster sustainability, save energy, and protect the environment: Lutron controls have reduced electrical use by 9.2 billion kWh, which reduces our customers' electric bills by more than $1 billion annually.
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, view our website at www.lutron.com .