See all jobs in Coopersburg PA
Job Location: Coopersburg, PA
Region: North America
Lutron Electronics Co., Inc has an immediate opening for a Senior Packaging Engineer. In this position, you would be a key part of the Mold and Die Team. A successful Senior Packaging Engineer will ....
Contributions & Responsibilities:
- Participate in New Product Development teams, to deliver new products to market in a timely fashion. Work closely with global suppliers, engineering, product management, Aesthetics Design group, operations / manufacturing, and strategic purchasing to develop cost effective and robust packaging solutions.
- Oversee and manage complete packaging development process, including the creation of packaging designs, prototype development, and performance testing.
- Troubleshoot new and existing packaging problems involving designs, materials and processes and provide creative, timely, and cost-effective solutions.
- Help establish standards and guidelines for supplier evaluation. With the Procurement team - Evaluate and select packaging suppliers; With Supplier Quality Engineering - conduct strategic supplier reviews.
- Build strong relationships with Procurement Engineering to optimize packaging supply base for cost, lead time, quality, localization, standardization and compliance with customer, regulatory, and internal requirements.
- Will identify and implement cost saving initiatives related to packaging materials, labor, efficiency, transportation, quality and warehousing.
- Possess specialized skills to define and recommend test methods to validate packaging designs. Develop and implement comprehensive test plans to ensure that packaging meets or exceeds internal and customer specifications.
- Work with the manufacturing engineering to ensure that the packaging designs are optimized for use in Lutron manufacturing plants.
- Stay aligned to Lutron's culture and values:
- Be passionate
- Be flexible and adaptable to changing markets
- Be an innovative thinker
- Be customer focused
- Be ethical
- A BS in Mechanical Engineering is required, a BS in Packaging Science or Packaging Engineering is preferred.
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA is required
- Must have 5+ years of experience in Industrial or Consumer Packaging
- Problem solving and decision-making skills are necessary
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must have good communication skills, orally and in writing; the ability to communicate orally with customers, management, and coworkers is crucial
- Understanding of process improvement, quality improvement concepts is needed. Should have experience in rapid prototyping.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency in 3D CAD packaging design software, in addition to other typical computer skills (i.e.. MS Office)
- Willingness to travel Globally up to 15% of the time, sometimes with little notice.
Lutron Electronics position as the leading manufacturer of lighting controls worldwide, our unsurpassed quality, the breadth and depth of our product offerings, and our commitment to servicing our worldwide customers have resulted in strong sales and profitability growth year over year. This growth has in turn allowed the company to continue to invest in recruiting and retaining the best people we can find to service our customers. Continuous growth has also fueled our ability to constantly develop new technologies and new manufacturing processes that in turn drive the creation of new or better products and services. EOE/AA
Lutron offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and a dynamic and professional work environment. We also offer continued growth through increased job responsibilities, courses offered through Lutron University and advancement opportunities. For more information, visit our website at www.lutron.com.