Job Title: Cook: Custom Grill or Brewery
Reports To: Brewery Sous Chef
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Cooks Entry, Line and Lead $15.50 up to $23 per hour (DOE)
Full Time Team Member eligible for Medical, Dental, Vision, & Life insurance benefits Paid Time Off - 401K with Match
Feather Falls Casino is seeking motivated individuals to join the #1 place to work in our area. Come be part of our Food and Beverage team. Experience the premier place to work in all of Northern California.
We encourage growth and learning. With your talent and our training and commitment, you will have great success as part of our team and family. If you are looking for an exceptional working experience, with a vision, commitment and empowerment, you are invited to become a part of California's Best Culinary Team. We offer the Best Wages, Benefits and Experience to our Feather Falls Casino and Lodge family.
We are California's Best Bet!
Feather Falls Casino Food & Beverage Department is calling for all talented and committed culinary team members. Full-Time Cooks, Line Cooks & Lead Line Cooks to join the #1 place to work in our area. Be it the Dreamcatcher Custom Grill or our Brewery, which has won over 65 brewing awards from all over the world. Come be a part of this Award Winning Team. We set the Standards in all areas from the Best Dining and Gaming Experience to the premier place to work in all of Northern California.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities could include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking.
- Prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Prepares and cooks various types of cuisines using various cooking methods.
- Maintains par level on all prepared food products.
- This position always maintains an organized, clean and sanitary work station.
- Responsible for all food set-ups for the Brewery.
- Organizes and balances work load for food preparation crew.
- Works in a team environment, communicating with and assisting other department personnel with food requests and set-up.
- Communicates any problems and/or concerns to the Sous Chef and/or Brewery Executive Chef without delay.
- Organizes and cleans walk-in and reach-in storage units.
- Other duties and assignments as assigned by the Brewery Executive Chef.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Education Level High School Diploma or GED equivalent is preferred.
Experience Minimum 1 year experience in related field required.
Servsafe Food Handler Certification- up to date or completed within two weeks of hire
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and operating/procedure manuals. Ability to communicate with customers and other employees.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Class B Gaming License (As provided for a nominal fee with a clean background check)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, sit use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Reach with hands and arms, climb balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those employees encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee is regularly exposed to tobacco smoke and may be exposed to loud noises and bright lights.
Native American Preference