Parts Driver - Kearny Mesa Ford Kia
A Parts Driver delivers and picks up parts and equipment for the dealership. Drivers also check invoices to ensure that the parts ordered were correctly pulled for delivery to the customer. The delivery driver must account for cash on COD orders and maintain an accurate, detailed delivery log.
- Picks up and delivers parts and equipment to customers, satellite stores, wholesale accounts, and vendors.
- Checks with the Parts Manager, Wholesale Representative, Inventory Control Administrator, Parts Counter people, or Shipping and Receiving Clerk before leaving to coordinate any last minute pick-ups or deliveries.
- Verifies that invoice matches purchase order for each pick-up.
- Keeps an accurate log of daily deliveries and pick-ups.
-Requests recipient's signature on each delivery entry.
- Unloads truck each night.
- Turns in all paperwork and undelivered parts.
- Handles basic maintenance of the truck including filling tank with gas, checking oil, keeping it clean, and making sure required inspections are performed.
- Advises parts manager if delivery trucks need major repairs and/or maintenance.
- Helps with stocking and posting orders when they arrive to expedite delivery to shop technicians and wholesale accounts.
- Maintains professional appearance.
- Strong time management skills and good communication skills are preferred.
- Drivers also must have a valid driver's license and a good driving record.
- Exceptional organizational skills as well as a firm understanding of automotive components and their association with a vehicle are useful when working in the parts department.
- Parts Drivers need to be capable of lifting and moving up to 60 lbs.
Kearny Mesa Ford & Kia offers excellent benefits, including medical and dental insurance, life insurance, a 401K plan, flexible spending accounts, advancement opportunities and much more.
Kearny Mesa Ford & Kia is an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V) and maintains a drug free workplace. If you receive an offer of employment, it will be a conditional offer contingent on the successful completion of a pre-employment drug screen and background check.