Responsible for assisting Executive Chef with all food preparation, production and control for all food outlets and banquet facilities.
- Involved with Hiring, training, supervising, schedule and participate in activities of chefs, cooks and other personnel involved in preparing, cooking and presenting food in accordance with productivity standards, cost controls and forecast needs.
- Listen actively and communicate clearly while interacting with customers to promote food products and directing staff activities. Analyze feedback from clients and employees, make judgments and take action to implement suggestions for improvement.
- Monitor staff performance, product quality and production flow; foster improvement where necessary.
- Assist in creating new menus and individual menu items for all outlets based on current food trends and regional tastes. Develop innovative menu selections for special banquet themes and parties in accordance with client budgetary considerations and expectations. Confer with Executive Chef regarding new selections and changes.
- Audit food storeroom items and storage to maintain consist quality products to ensure adherence to all health code requirements.
- Enforce safety procedures and cleanliness throughout kitchen(s) including walk-in and reach-in boxes.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the Executive Chef.
- Monitor outlets during peak period to oversee production flow and presentation.
- Maintain vacation schedule for proper staffing.
- Report any equipment in need of repair to Engineering for service.
- Perform duties of Manager on Duty Program as necessary.
Any combination of education and experience equivalent that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
High School education and culinary schooling required.
Must have prior experience as a Sous Chef with knowledge of most domestic dishes.