Job Summary: A Sales Associate is responsible for maintaining customer service as per company standards, generating sales, merchandising, cash register operations (POS), loss prevention, merchandising, and adherence to all company policies and store standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Handles all aspects of Sales and Customer Service:
- Generates and maximizing sales by convincing clients to purchase the company's products.
- Maintains an awareness of all product knowledge and merchandise care information.
- Stays updated on new items and customer service guidelines and store policies.
- Develops and maintains client books.
- Keeps records of sales.
- Follows customer service guidelines (i.e. proper greeting etiquette, returns, exchanges, transfers and loss prevention).
- Greets, serves and advises clients with outstanding customer service and a friendly smile.
- Gift wraps and bags items for customers.
- Assists with mailings, answers phone, and takes care of phone orders.
- Assists in floor moves, merchandising, and displays.
- Assists in processing and replenishing merchandise.
- Participates in receiving and monitoring floor stock.
- Stocks and re-stocks shelves, counters, and/or tables with merchandise.
- Tags merchandise as needed (not only during sales period).
- Keeps the sales floor clean and orderly and practice the highest standards of general house keeping.
Adhere to all company policies, procedures and practices.
- Accurately and efficiently complete all sales transactions and maintain proper cash and media accountabilities at POS registers.
- Works on special projects as necessary.
- Any other duties as assigned by management.
- This job requires a minimum of a High School Diploma (or GED) and either have a degree in Retail, Fashion or related field or equivalent work experience and education.
- Three plus years' high-end retail, boutique or sales related work experience.
- Understand inventory, customer's sales experience and merchandising.
- Perform all Cegid transactions proficiently, such as sales (cash, checks, credit or debit cards, Longchamp gift cards and merchandise return cards, travelers checks), returns, exchanges, item and customer look ups, CRM, run reports and open and close registers in accordance with Cegid Manual guidelines.
- Proficient with the UPS System.
- Properly prepare and send shipments.
- Properly receive and check shipments.
- Working knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Microsoft Word.