**BONUS** Medication History Tech - Miamisburg - Inpatient Pharmacy - PT/Evenings
Job ID: 2021-28459
# of Openings: 1
Kettering Health is a not-for-profit system of 13 medical centers and more than 120 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. We are committed to transforming the health care experience with high-quality care for every stage of life. Our service-oriented mission is in action every day, whether its by providing care in our facilities, training the next generation of health care professionals, or serving others through international outreach.
**Possible Incentives for external Med History Tech
- Up to $3,000 Sign-on Bonus based on experience and a two-year work commitment
- Relocation Bonus available (amount may vary dependent on the distance of the move)
- Returning employees must not have been employed by Kettering Health for the last 6 months prior to rehire
- As a pharmacy technician based in the emergency department, the team member will work closely with patients and healthcare team members to collect, review, clarify and investigate patient medication histories.
- Obtaining accurate and comprehensive information about a patients medication therapy before admission is an essential aspect of preventing drug-related problems during a hospital stay.
- Under the supervision of a pharmacist, the technician is responsible for clarifying the information through direct communication with patients and family members, outpatient pharmacies, and providers and then documenting the interaction in the computerized electronic health record (specifically EPIC) in an accurate and timely manner in compliance with standard procedures, HFAP, and other regulatory standards.
- The team member will have direct patient interaction with all patient populations.
- High School diploma or GED.
- Previous retail pharmacy or related healthcare experience is preferred.
- Current registration as a Certified Pharmacy Technician in the State of Ohio. Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) certification or equivalent required.
- Accurate work with careful attention to detail and persistence to get the job done right every time.
- Working knowledge of common outpatient medication doses and forms preferred.
- Excellent math and computer skills are required.
- Must demonstrate an ability to learn complicated processes and tasks and to apply learning to new situations.
- Possess the necessary interpersonal and communication skills required to interact with patients, coworkers and other health professionals. Cohesive team-building skills.
- Ability to function independently with little supervision Ability to prioritize work in a high-volume work environment.
- Must be able to write legibly, speak, and read English proficiently. Must be able to operate computer, calculator, telephone, pager, and other related pharmacy equipment.
- Adapt to changes in workload and schedule to meet patient needs. Must also have the ability to set priorities and to re-set priorities as needed by situations in the department.
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytical and organizational skills are required for this position.