Manager Lab - Kettering Health, Multi Site- Core Lab - FT Days
Job ID: 2021-28522
# of Openings: 1
Cancer Center Building
Kettering Health is a not-for-profit system of 13 medical centers and more than 120 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. We are committed to transforming the health care experience with high-quality care for every stage of life. Our service-oriented mission is in action every day, whether its by providing care in our facilities, training the next generation of health care professionals, or serving others through international outreach.
Primary responsibility includes planning, organizing and directing the overall operation of the Laboratory Department. Activities include management of chemical, microscopic and bacteriologic tests performed in the laboratory to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of diseases. Ensure that services are of the best quality, are cost contained and are carried out in an expeditious manner. Additional responsibilities include recognizing results or problems that require referral to the medical director, assuring competency of all personnel, assisting with formulating the budget for the department, maintaining performance improvement activities within the department and participating in CQI activities and maintaining efficient and effective departmental operations in compliance with all state, federal, and local regulatory laws, standards and protocols.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Certification by one of the following mechanisms required:
MT(ASCP) or CT(ASCP) or HTL(ASCP)
Education and Experience:
Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical Technology, Biology, or Chemistry. MBA preferred.
3 5 years on consistent clinical and/or pathology laboratory leadership.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
1. General knowledge of all types of clinical and anatomical laboratory procedures.
2. Knowledge of managerial skills and techniques.
3. Knowledge of accounting and statistics.
4. Knowledge of office routines and skills.
5. Ability to perform laboratory procedures and manipulate laboratory equipment and instruments.
6. Ability to organize personnel, equipment, instruments, and other things for efficient laboratory operation.
7. Ability to communicate effectively.
8. Ability to write concise, grammatically correct and properly formatted policies, procedures and reports.
9. Ability to collect, prepare and analyze statistical and financial reports.
10. Ability to collect and evaluate data and write reports on which others will make decisions.
11. Ability to make decisions and carry them out.
Hazards The hazards include contact with potentially infectious patients, body fluids, or other materials;
and in some cases, working with potentially toxic or flammable materials.