HIM Coding Director - Prestige Place - HIM- Full Time - Days
Job ID: 2021-30308
# of Openings: 1
Category: Medical Records/HIMS
1 Prestige Place
Kettering Health is a not-for-profit system of 13 medical centers and more than 120 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. We are committed to transforming the health care experience with high-quality care for every stage of life. Our service-oriented mission is in action every day, whether its by providing care in our facilities, training the next generation of health care professionals, or serving others through international outreach.
- Bachelors degree in health information management, health services administration, health sciences, or related field required. Certified as a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), Certified Professional Coder (CPC), and/or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS).
- Certified as a Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), Certified Professional Coder (CPC), and/or Certified Coding Specialist (CCS).
- At least five years of experience related to inpatient/outpatient/ProFee coding - At least three years of managerial experience in the coding, medical records, or health information management setting.
- Advanced knowledge in both hospital and professional fee medical coding and related government regulations
- Knowledge of Revenue Cycle reimbursement, operational and labor budgeting, health technologies
- Knowledge of industry proven best practices related to HIM Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to lead by example and engage employees
- A passion for an excellent patient experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of products and data display.
- Demonstrated ability in project management
- Demonstrated ability in data analytics
- Knowledge of the principles of Clinical Documentation Improvement programs
- Proficient in Epic EMR and 3M CAC technology
- Master's degree preferred.
- Familiarity with regional market preferred.