Manager Pharmacy - Fort Hamilton Hosp - Pharmacy - FT/Days
Job ID: 2021-29903
# of Openings: 1
Fort Hamilton Hosp
Kettering Health is a not-for-profit system of 13 medical centers and more than 120 outpatient facilities serving southwest Ohio. We are committed to transforming the health care experience with high-quality care for every stage of life. Our service-oriented mission is in action every day, whether its by providing care in our facilities, training the next generation of health care professionals, or serving others through international outreach.
- Supervise and assist in the provision of all aspects of drug preparation and distribution and is responsible for assuring the accuracy and appropriateness of medications that are prepared and dispensed by the Department of Pharmacy Services.
- Participate by membership or as a chairperson in departmental and/or organizational committees that have operational impact on the pharmaceutical provision of care to patients.
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding and provide support in achieving the departments key strategic initiatives.
- Supervise and evaluate work performance of employees within areas of responsibility.
- Provide the necessary skill sets to insure all aspects of drug preparation, distribution, and record keeping meet or exceed the legal and regulatory accreditation standards.
- Provide coordination of orientation, training and competency of pharmacy staff.
- Plan, develop and implement effective learning programs which maximize the skills and knowledge, of the professional and technical staff providing career enrichment and improving the pharmaceutical care to patients.
- Operate as department champion through the integration of new technology related to pharmacy automation. The application of unit-dose packaging, automation, aseptic and extemporaneous compounding in conjunction with USP standards will be an expectation of this position.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in Pharmacy from an accredited institution or PharmD is required.
- At least 5 years of hospital pharmacy experience preferred, with 3 years of supervisory or management experience preferred.
- Must be licensed or eligible for licensure to practice pharmacy in the State of Ohio.