Balchem Corporation develops, manufactures and markets specialty ingredients that improve and enhance the health and well-being of life on the planet, providing state-of-the-art solutions and the finest quality products for a range of industries worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is located in New Hampton, New York, (Hudson Valley area) and we have a broad network of sales offices, manufacturing sites, and R&D centers, primarily located in the US and Europe. Founded in 1967, Balchem is a publicly traded company (NASDAQ BCPC) with annual revenues over $640 million and a market cap exceeding $3.0 billion. The company consists of three business segments: Human Nutrition & Health; Animal Nutrition & Health; and Specialty Products. Balchem employs over 1,400 people worldwide who are engaged in diverse activities, committed to developing the company into global market leadership positions. To learn more about our dynamic, stable and growing company, visit www.balchem.com.
The Supply Chain Planner will play an integral role in our company's success by managing the operational planning and logistics activities for their area of responsibility. The position will focus on improving both short-term tactical and long-term production and raw material plans that provide a strong daily short term schedule, as well as, a longer term plan that optimizes service level performance at an optimum manufacturing cost while effectively managing inventory on raw materials, intermediates and finished goods for their area of responsibility. To accomplish this, the Supply Chain Planner must demonstrate strong scheduling skills, have skills in ERP systems and processes, have strong excel skills and demonstrate influence and leadership skills. This individual will act as a key liaison between Purchasing, Quality, R&D, Customer Service, Plant Operations, Commercial teams and their supply chain planning counterparts. The role will be responsible for managing our inventory position; ensuring safe days' supplies of inventory are maintained for their areas of responsibility, mitigating out of stock risk, ensuring customer's expectations are met, while optimizing production costs and utilization of assets in their area of responsibility.
- Manage and oversee the planning processes and systems for their area of responsibility. This include an optimized daily and long-term schedule for their assets.
- Maintain the Supply Chain planning data model, including inventory targets and resulting purchasing for raw materials (reorder points and reorder quantities) while mitigating obsolescence risks.
- Maximize Capacity Utilization through advanced planning techniques such as campaign planning, material/resource optimization, scheduling and planning and economic production quantity evaluation.
- Creates long-term capacity models for their areas of responsibility to ensure that we have the right capacity to service the future growth of company
- Assist in progressing planning processes and systems to further improve accuracy while reducing administrative effort.
- Establish, measure, analyze, and report key process metrics especially related to manufacturing assets and demand for their areas of responsibility.
- Ensure and monitor inventory levels to improve service, minimize excess & overages and improve working capital.
- Support Nutrition S&OP process
- Work with commercial team, as well as, Supply Chain Manager to improve forecasts and demand management processes for their planning responsibilities and assets.
- Act as main contact for customer service team for their area of responsibility.
- If required, manages and provide inventory for outside warehouses associated with the area of responsibility to meet customer orders while keeping levels at a minimum.
- Act as first point of contact for key internal stakeholders on any logistics/service issues as related to their area of responsibility.
- Develop reports, tools and statistical analysis that will assist management in identifying issues/risk and develop plans to mitigate.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external customers to improve communication flow and effectiveness and reduce risk.
- Lead physical inventory process for their area of responsibility in conjunction with manufacturing and finance teams.
- Demonstrates flexibility, strong communication and influencing skills coupled with ability to solve problems.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of supply chain experience, preferably in the food industry.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in a Supply Chain/Engineering or Logistics field, but in a business-related discipline as a minimum.
- Ability to communicate professionally with people at all levels of the organization and external contacts.
- Effective analysis/problem solving/decision-making skills.
- Proficient with MRP/ERP systems.
- Proficient with MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and power BI.
- Strong organizational and influence skills
- Solid decision-making skills.
Balchem is committed to a workplace culture that values and promotes diversity, inclusion, equal employment opportunities, and a work environment free of harassment and hostility.