Reporting to the Director of Technical Services, this position will support the ANH Ruminant sales force technically in the sale of Balchem ANH products to our customers, both in the USA and internationally. Where applicable, interface with the R&D group and assist in those activities deemed necessary to effectively conduct research into existing and new product applications. To represent and uphold the high standard of scientific integrity of our products in professional peer interactions. To prepare and deliver the highest quality training materials and programs to internal and external stakeholders of Balchem Corporation.
- Provide technical support in the area of product sales, including specific product knowledge and utilizing a broad practical nutrition knowledge to position these products effectively with Balchem ANH customers.
- Work to help deliver business unit's sales and profitability goals.
- Prepare and present technical product presentations to a broad range of audiences from feed company representatives to industry professionals.
- Contribute written articles both to the scientific and lay press on pertinent product centric topics, and to build a strong network of supporters for Balchem.
- Provide leadership communication, and the development of advocates within the technical community within the industry served by Balchem ANH.
- Interact with local and regional Universities to help coordinate R&D efforts where directed by management.
- Prepare and present training materials on products and applications for Balchem products.
- Contribute to competitive intelligence gathering and assist in strategic utilization of this knowledge by the commercial organization
- Assist Area Market Representatives with key account planning and strategies.
- Follows all safety policies and procedures including use of safety equipment (PPE) and equipment safeguards.
- Ph.D. or D.V.M 5+ years experience;
- OR M.S. with 10+ years of field experience
- Travel required: 50% Domestic, 10% International
Balchem is committed to a workplace culture that values and promotes diversity, inclusion, equal employment opportunities, and a work environment free of harassment and hostility.