Balchem Corporation develops, manufactures and markets specialty ingredients that improve and enhance the health and well-being of life on the planet, providing state-of-the-art solutions and the finest quality products for a range of industries worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is located in New Hampton, New York, (Hudson Valley area) and we have a broad network of sales offices, manufacturing sites, and R&D centers, primarily located in the US and Europe. Founded in 1967, Balchem is a publicly traded company (NASDAQ BCPC) with annual revenues over $640 million and a market cap exceeding $3.0 billion. The company consists of three business segments: Human Nutrition & Health; Animal Nutrition & Health; and Specialty Products. Balchem employs over 1,400 people worldwide who are engaged in diverse activities, committed to developing the company into global market leadership positions. To learn more about our dynamic, stable and growing company, visit www.balchem.com
Lead Warehouse Supervisor (Pre-Weigh- 3rd Shift) team in material movement of raw materials being pre weighed for wet production batches. Use computer systems to document and record transactions and print labels. Inventory accuracy when weighing and issuing or any material movement. Perform housekeeping tasks on a daily basis. All functions must be performed in both ambient and refrigerated warehouses. Responsible for serving both internal and external customers for staging of materials and/or final products. Remain current in necessary training programs according to the Warehouse classification of the official company training matrix. Promote efficient completion of all tasks associated with pre-weigh room operation.
Provide leadership and development for all pre-weigh associates. Communicate with warehouse manager, as needed, to meet all deadlines for pre-weigh team daily. Material handling of all material used at the facility. Operate forklift in a safe and efficient manner. Load and unload trucks. Receive or transfer material as needed. Learn all aspects of the computer system including shipping, receiving, and transfers. Label and store all material in correct storage locations. Follow all GMP, SQF and company procedures.
Adhere and comply with all safety policies including reporting any unsafe acts or near misses.
- Help promote and support company health and safety policy practices and procedures.
- Assure adherence to all elements of SQF systems and policies.
- Performs tasks safely and comply with GMP policies at all times.
- Ability to lift 60 pounds unassisted is required.
- Material handling of all material used at the facility.
- Load trailers with pre weigh batches.
- Learn all aspects of the computer system including production issuing and inventory accuracy.
- Support other production areas with tasks as required.
- Understands and maintains the HAACP program in detail.
- Correctly follow all warehouse cleaning procedures as described in the SOP.
- Know the location of all raw materials and finished goods and packaging within the warehouses. Label and store materials in correct storage locations.
- Locate and maintain inventories by moving materials with in the inventory system (DEACOM).
- Maintain records including but not limited to computer, sanitation, production records.
- Safely and properly operate a forklift.
- Correctly complete and submit any inventory discrepancies or damage.
- Effectively perform all other duties assigned or directed by management.
- Comply with all policies and procedures of the Company.
- Solid communication skills required between team members, other shifts and other departments.
- Work collaboratively as a member of a team.
- Attend all company mandated training sessions-which include Safety, Good Manufacturing Practices, Etc.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma/GED preferred.
- Basic math, reading and record keeping skills required.
- Ability to maneuver minimum of 5-gallon pails and 55-gallon drums with proper material handling equipment.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds unassisted.
- Valid drivers for forklift license.
- One-year experience in computerized warehouse and real-time data collection.
- Familiarity with inventory systems and bar coding preferred.
- Ability to follow written and flow charted instructions.