Balchem Corporation develops, manufactures and markets specialty ingredients that improve and enhance the health and well-being of life on the planet, providing state-of-the-art solutions and the finest quality products for a range of industries worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is located in New Hampton, New York, (Hudson Valley area) and we have a broad network of sales offices, manufacturing sites, and R&D centers, primarily located in the US and Europe. Founded in 1967, Balchem is a publicly traded company (NASDAQ BCPC) with annual revenues over $640 million and a market cap exceeding $3.0 billion. The company consists of three business segments: Human Nutrition & Health; Animal Nutrition & Health; and Specialty Products. Balchem employs over 1,400 people worldwide who are engaged in diverse activities, committed to developing the company into global market leadership positions. To learn more about our dynamic, stable and growing company, visit www.balchem.com
The Balchem Logistics Manager position has the following responsibilities: Managing nationally and internationally purchased transportation services involving the movement of finished goods and raw materials for all business segments of Balchem. Managing third party outside bulk storage and transload facilities for all business segments of Balchem. Managing 3rd party warehouse networks all business segments of Balchem.
- Responsible for third party North American transportation contracts
- Negotiate and own all elements of the transportation contract with third party providers and or transportation companies; owns performance including on time service, cost and claims management
- Responsible for any transportation activities that are owned by Balchem directly: Balchem private fleet and International shipments; works with Balchem facilities outside North America to ensure appropriate transportation process and procedures are being followed
- Outside North American bulk storage and transloading facilities: negotiate and own all elements of the contract and owns performance including on time service, cost and claims management
- 3rd party North American warehousing: negotiate and own all elements of the contract; owns performance including on time service, cost and claims management; works with planning and business teams to identify space requirements for current and future business needs; optimizes network to achieve cost and service performance targets
- Be a subject matter expert, develop and deploy the continuous improvement program that supports Balchem's strategic direction including all aspects of the business system for operations, fulfillment, warehouse and transportation/logistics continuous improvement.
- Own key initiative programs that support Balchem's strategic direction with the ability to manage multiple complex projects across different locations simultaneously.
- Support program scopes, short- and long-term goals, KPIs, and outline/drive the project plan for achieving those goals on time
- Develop continuous improvement training materials and deploy to the organization and partners/suppliers
- Responsible for defining and delivering on quarter over quarter performance in Service, Spend, and efficiency improvements
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain Management, or another related field
- 5 plus years of experience in relevant supply chain fields
- Ability to balance strategic and tactical thought and action
- Ability to balance multiple priorities and manage time appropriately
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to prioritize demands and multitask to complete objectives
- Ability to interact with and influence department leadership
- Must be able to work effectively with people at all levels inside and outside of the Company
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- Preferably six or more years of experience in leadership roles leading cross-functional teams and/or enterprise wide programs, influencing senior-level management and key stakeholders effectively across the organization and within complex contexts including multi-regional and multi-cultural
- Preferably proven experience or demonstrated capability in leading transformational initiatives in complex and dynamic environments
- Abilities in ERP systems (D365 a plus), Microsoft suite including power BI and excel pivot table
Balchem is committed to a workplace culture that values and promotes diversity, inclusion, equal employment opportunities, and a work environment free of harassment and hostility.