Balchem Corporation develops, manufactures and markets specialty ingredients that improve and enhance the health and well-being of life on the planet, providing state-of-the-art solutions and the finest quality products for a range of industries worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is located in New Hampton, New York, (Hudson Valley area) and we have a broad network of sales offices, manufacturing sites, and R&D centers, primarily located in the US and Europe. Founded in 1967, Balchem is a publicly traded company (NASDAQ BCPC) with annual revenues over $640 million and a market cap exceeding $3.0 billion. The company consists of three business segments: Human Nutrition & Health; Animal Nutrition & Health; and Specialty Products. Balchem employs over 1,400 people worldwide who are engaged in diverse activities, committed to developing the company into global market leadership positions. To learn more about our dynamic, stable and growing company, visit www.balchem.com
This position will be responsible for acting as the liaison with Customer Service, Commercial/Sales, Production staff, Logistics, and Quality to schedule production, purchase raw materials, and drive the S&OP process. This position will also drive the development, and utilization of Microsoft Dynamics 365 planning tools.
- Complete all tasks in compliance with corporate safety and food safety at the forefront
- Optimize the production schedule to ensure data integrity, raw material availability and prioritizing open orders on the floor
- Partner with manufacturing team to identify production floor capacity issues and recommend solutions
- Develop consensus with commercial team on forecasted demand
- Utilize, build, and maintain ERP system reporting tools to support day to day operations and S&OP reporting.
- Serve as a Microsoft Dynamics 365 subject matter expert for planning department
- Support and drive execution of S&OP processes (Capacity/Supply planning, Demand planning, Inventory etc.)
- Manage production orders i.e. create, modify, cancel and reschedule production orders
- Place purchase orders; monitor delivery dates and problems; Adjust delivery arrangements in response to production needs
- Maintain product master data in ERP system.
- Track and follow up with supplier non-conformance issues
- Develop and maintain minimum stocking quantities
- Responsible for managing and reporting on inventory levels
- Responsible for managing rework and distressed inventory
- Manage site-to-site transfers to cover production needs of shared materials
- Perform other duties as needed
- Comply with all policies and procedures of the Corporation
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Operations Management or related field. MBA or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of supply chain planning or related experience
- Expert level report building skills utilizing Dynamics 365, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Power BI.
- Expert level knowledge of ERP/MRP system operation. Preferably with Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- APICS Certification desired
- Working knowledge of material / capacity planning concepts
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communications skills
- Familiar with extensive product offerings, short production cycles, and short delivery expectations
- High degree of analytical / interpretive complexity relative to fluctuating demand, manufacturing capabilities, aggregate capacities, plant optimization, product life cycles, strategic planning and key performance indicators
Balchem is committed to a workplace culture that values and promotes diversity, inclusion, equal employment opportunities, and a work environment free of harassment and hostility.